- Report: #408893
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Mbna Mastercard
Mbna Mastercardwww.mbna.com Wilmington, Delaware U.S.A.
Mbna Mastercard -- Deposited A Check Not Made Out To Them And Has Given Me The Runaround For 2 Months To Return All The Funds Or Provide Credit To My Account this is a case of grotesque unprofessionalism, inattention to detail and lack of candor on the part of a company that acknowledges a mistake was made but takes no ownership in resolution Wilmington Delaware
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
1. on 07 November check #4522 in the amount of $4,675.00, made out to Helena Chemical Company was deposited into the credit card account (PNC Mastercard) at the time there was a balance of $581.00
2. On 13 November check #4521 in the amount of $581.11 was deposited into the PNC Mastercard account representing payment in full for the charges accumulated. This (scheduled payment) had the practical effect of producing a credit balance of $4,675.00
3. On 14 November when the check was posted to the personal bank account I called the PNC Mastercard (1-800-655-1491) and asked for a correction. CSH talked with CSR Joyce in Kennesaw GA @ 8:23 am. Her response was this will be credited to your bank account within 4-5 business days.
4. In checking the account on 21 November, the funds still had not been credited. CSH called PNC Mastercard company, talked with Enrico (7:57am) he advised .regardless of what precipitated the events, it could not be corrected in a time frame of less than two weeks Based in part on the starkly conflicting information from one CSR to another, CSH asked for a Supervisor. Talked with Sabrina Smith was advised the amount would be expedited and credited to the account by close of business today.(Friday 21 November emphasis added)
5. On 22 November called, talked to CSR, Ms. Walker, she turned me over to Supervisor, Ms. Prince at 8:30 am. After a de-brief, she placed me on hold after she returned to our call, she reported she .had talked personally with Ms. Smith (supervisor from Friday) who was at home, but would be coming in at noon on Saturday and would take care of the problem.. She further stated, Ms. Smith would be calling me that afternoon.. At that point we confirmed telephone numbers and rung off the line.
6. 24 November 9:55 am as of this writing, there has been no call as was reported on Saturday and the funds have not yet been credited to my account.
7. 24 November 10:02 am, called and talked with CSR Roshanna her response was, this normally takes 8 10 business days. When I advised her that the period in question was in excess of 8 10 business days, she responded by saying Oh!! and forwarded me to a Supervisor (Jackie). The Supervisor advised me that the .she had no idea why the credit transaction had not taken place, or why the other people I had talked to had said what they said, but the electronic fund transfer was pending and that she would monitor it during the day. She also offered a credit of $50.00 which is to be mailed later to day.
8. 25 November 11:24 am talked with CSR Jeannie the first to note that I had been an account holder since 1984, she also stated .this was supposed to have been sent back to you on the 14th.. She further stated there is no point in turning you over to a supervisor, they are going to tell you the identical thing I am telling you. I demanded a Supervisor. (went on hold at 11:38 am) She returned to the line at 11:43 am indicating ..that was the maximum time she is allowed to be on hold. She further stated she would forward the request for a contact to her supervisor Mr. Chacone, who would be in touch within 24 48 hours of receipt of the message . She then confirmed my telephone number. The call was terminated.
9. 25 30 November none of the promised calls from supervisors, nor a credit to the BofA account was noted.
10. 30 Nov. called got an Associate (Chris) at 1020am who then indicated the funds had been processed. Chris then turned me over to a Supervisor Anna Lipska, She indicated .there were ample notes in the file, and could not offer an explanation as to why this had not been processed. She further stated, .that particular office was closed today but that she would personally follow up on Monday and would be getting back to me She did provide a reference number and another phone number for me to call REF 90BZ172; 866-811-4109 -- no response at that number
11. 01 Dec No transfer was credited as of 12 noon. Called got an Associate Rob at 137pm, ..this does not make any sense that it should take this long,.. He also stated, ..I should be getting credit for an additional $586.00 as they apparently deducted the amount that was due even though it had been credited to the account by that time.
Checked with the checking account department, have nothing on file, nothing pending right now, it would take anywhere from 10 to 30 days..' Will also check on doing a credit balance refund. (Payment Error Inquiry). Supervisor Dianne Brown Walker can't understand why this is such a problem, seems as though someone should have at least had the courtesy to follow up release date was the 24th they should be there by now. She then stated the complication was probably the holiday and the system should be given a bit more time to work I then inquired about the balance of $586.00 that was due, she indicated she would .initiate that process immediately. In response to a direct question she stated that process would take 7 14 business days We then compared calendars and agreed the 14th business day would be 18 December. At my request Ms. Brown provided a direct number for me to reach her. 216.545.6019. Off the phone at 243pm.
12. 18 December 2008 no credit back to the account. Called for Ms. Brown-Walker, she was not available. Placed a subsequent call to the 800 number, got an Associate who indicated she had no information and no record of a request. I then spoke to a Supervisor Mr. Dumas. He indicated there was no record of a request on 01 December, after some considerable confusion (he had not fully read the file to understand the funds that were being credited to my account were my funds that had not been refunded) he indicated he would take the appropriate steps to process a refund in 5- 7 working days. I advised him that he was in fact the 5th supervisor to make the same representation. He responded by saying it would be taken care of== At my request he then reviewed the calendar and confirmed the likely date for the credit was 30 December he provided his direct number of 678-797-7662.
13. 05 January 09 no check, several calls to Mr. Dumas, no response.
What is more amazing is there is no Customer Service or Ombudsperson Office, by the way have been a card holder for 24 years.
greensboro, North Carolina
Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on MBNA America
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/06/2009 07:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mbna-Mastercard/Wilmington-Delaware/Mbna-Mastercard-Deposited-A-Check-Not-Made-Out-To-Them-And-Has-Given-Me-The-Runaround-F-408893. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.