Complaint Review: McAfee Anti Virus

• Submitted: Mon, November 21, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, November 23, 2005

• Reported By:Hazelcrest Illinois
McAfee Anti Virus
McAfee Rebates .com Internet U.S.A.

McAfee Anti Virus Rebates are ripoffs. Internet

*Author of original report: McAfee they do not honor rebates

I ordered the McAffee Internet Security Suite from Dell with a $60 mail in rebate. I downloaded the rebate instruction sheet and follow there directions.

First they sent a e-mail stating that I would not get my rebate because I failed to send certain information. after I e-mail them back that I had followed directions, they sent another e-mail stating it was in process. I get the $60 check deposit into my checking account received a letter from my bank stating that the check was only worth $49.42

This check was out of Bank Of Montreal Canada this is a rip off and McAffee clearly states that the amount was for $60 so watch out for rebates from Mc Afee you do not get the amount they state.

Violet
Hazelcrest, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/21/2005 04:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/McAfee-Anti-Virus/internet/McAfee-Anti-Virus-Rebates-are-ripoffs-Internet-165438. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on McAfee Anti Virus

McAfee they do not honor rebates

AUTHOR: Violet - (U.S.A.)

I contact Dell and explained what happen with McAfee and they should not do business with this company they do not honor rebates in the amount that is stated. Dell agreed to credit my account with them $35.00.