Complaint Review: McAfee Corporate Headquartersm

• Submitted: Thu, February 17, 2005
  • Updated: Thu, February 17, 2005

• Reported By:kennesaw Georgia
McAfee Corporate Headquartersm
3965 Freedom Circle Santa Clara, California U.S.A.

McAfee Corporation Online, Anti-virus Sales ripoff paid for anti-virus program download didn't download non-existant human customer service no refund Santa Clara California

I purchased virus protection online from McAfee on 12/2/04. I was unable to install it due to technical issues. I immediately went to customer service site. Answered all standard questions - got all computer generated standard answers. Didn't help. The site is a circle that never directs you to a person, or a phone number, or email address. After an exhausting and time consuming search I found a number. I spoke with tech support who couldn't help me. He provided me with an email address to contact the company. I emailed several times with no response. Finally, they responded to my email 1/13/05 when I requested a refund. They said they could not find my account. I answered all their questions and got no response. I contacted them again on 1/17 requested a refund again. I answered all the questions I could and got no response. The whole time I was without virus protection which cost me big time. Today is 2/17/05 no refund, no response.

Melissa
kennesaw, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/17/2005 10:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/McAfee-Corporate-Headquartersm/Santa-Clara-California-95054/McAfee-Corporation-Online-Anti-virus-Sales-ripoff-paid-for-anti-virus-program-download-di-131702. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on McAfee Corporate Headquartersm