Complaint Review: McAfee - Network Associates

• Reported By: jcarlson — lafayette California United States of America
McAfee - Network Associates

McAfee - Network Associates Incredibly Bad Customer Service Internet

*Consumer Comment: Fraudulant charges

I have had McAfee total virus protection for my small business for about a year now and it has worked fine...up till now....Today I noticed I was unable to open or access my virus protection and it appeared to not be working.

I immediately logged on to their website, was given a "grant number" and transferred to technical support. That's where the trouble began.....

The first time I was on hold for 40 minutes before being cut-off by their phone system. I immediately dialed back in and asked to speak to a supervisor so I would not get put into the back of the line. They informed me there was nothing they could do and I accepted being put back in line. After 20 minutes this time, I was cut off by the phone system...again....

I called back a third time and again was told there was nothing that could be done other then to put me in line again. I have now been on hold an additional 30 minutes...but have not been cut off yet....

I have "Gold" coverage but obviously that means nothing. I urge extreme caution before choosing McAfee for your virus and computer protection. Clearly, they have a staffing or customer support process problem.

I would also recommend that their top management "experience" what their service is really like, and maybe, action will be taken..

Still on hold.......

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/04/2010 10:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/McAfee-Network-Associates/internet/McAfee-Network-Associates-Incredibly-Bad-Customer-Service-Internet-628960. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on McAfee - Network Associates

Fraudulant charges

AUTHOR: mike s. - (United States of America)

Wait until you cancel thier services and they keep charging your credit card year after year no matter what you do.  Good luck with these rip off artists.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC