Complaint Review: McAfee Security

• Submitted: Tue, March 23, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, March 23, 2004

• Reported By:Auburn California
McAfee Security
3965 Freedom Circle , Santa Clara, California U.S.A.

McAfee Security, fraudulent sales ripoff , Santa Clara California

In March 2004, I ordered McAfee's VirusScan and Personal Firewall software over the Internet. I entered my personal information on the various forms on successive webpages. Just before I hit the "Buy Now" button, McAfee fraudulently inserted a third piece of software ("Discover&Recover" CD) to my order without my permission. They charged my credit card $12.95 plus "shipping" for sofware that I did *not* want!

My phonecalls to McAfee's non-800 phone number were not answered. The phone calls were toll calls, so I couldn't stay on "hold" forever.

I sent two E-mails to McAfee requesting that they not send the unwanted CD to me, and that they issue a credit to my credit card account. McAfee replied to my E-mails saying they appreciate me as a customer, but they have not given me a refund on my credit card.

What Marketing Genius at McAfee decided it's a good idea to cheat new customers? !!

Be careful when you purchase McAfee products over the Internet. They may swindle you the same way they swindled me.

Richard
Auburn, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/23/2004 04:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/McAfee-Security/-Santa-Clara-California-95054/McAfee-Security-fraudulent-sales-ripoff-Santa-Clara-California-84969. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on McAfee Security