Complaint Review: McAfee Security

• Submitted: Thu, November 20, 2003
  • Updated: Thu, November 20, 2003

• Reported By:Canton Georgia
McAfee Security
mcafee.com Plano, Texas U.S.A.
  • Phone: 972-963-8000
  • Web:
  • Category: Software

McAfee Security Network Associates ripoff Spamkiller 5.0 blocks the good stuff and leaves the spam. Plano Texas

I installed Spamkiller for the obvious reasons. When I went to check my email, what did I find? Lots of spam.

I went to the "security center" and found a list of the emails that had been blocked: Two catalog mailing lists that I have listed on my hotmail account as not being junk mail; the monthly message from "Hotmail Staff"; ebay; and a statement from Ameritrade. What did get through Spamkiller? An email address with no vowels, debt reduction, mortgage refinacing and penis enlargement. All the stuff I bought Spamkiller to stop.

I went to the McAfee website. This was a total waste of time. If your problem doesn't fall under their predetermined questions, your SOL. They give telephone numbers to call. They are all toll calls or as they refer to them as "Pay Per Minute." One had a wait time of approximately 11 minutes, the other a wait time of 27.

If you go to "contact us", you are sent back to the Help page, then back to the numbers and questions, a neverending loop. The Website states that there are telephone numbers, emails addresses and chats. These are nowhere to be found. The only way I could contact them by email was through "Feedback."

So here I am with expensive, worthless software, that doesn't do what it promises and if I want satisfaction, I can pay for a 45 minute conversation with no guarantee that I'll get an answer. "Software doesn't work." was not one of the predetermined questions.

Suzanne
Canton, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/20/2003 03:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/McAfee-Security/Plano-Texas/McAfee-Security-Network-Associates-ripoff-Spamkiller-50-blocks-the-good-stuff-and-leaves-72581. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on McAfee Security