• Report: #719674

• Updated: Tue, April 19, 2011

• Reported By: vicki — thomaston Georgia United States of America
McAfee Security

McAfee Security Unauthorized Automatic Renewal??? Internet

I recieved an e-mail yesterday from McAfee saying that they had renewed my software automatically...through my Paypal account...and also recieved an e-mail from Paypal saying that my account had been charged $89.99 for McAfee Security. WTH??

First off, I purchased my grandchildren laptops for Christmas, and purchased anti-virus software from McAfee for those computers, a one year subscription. After the first month, my grandchildren kept getting pop-ups saying that the subscription had expired.  I also kept getting e-mails saying I needed to renew the subscription, that it expires in May 2011...I did not respond to them, as I did not intend to renew if it was going to be only for  6 months, instead of the year that I paid for.

I paid for this through Paypal, I DID NOT agree to an auto renewal plan. I NEVER do this!
I immediately called Paypal, told them not to pay it and filed a "disputed transaction" claim, I called McAfee and basically told them off too. I called my bank to tell them about this fraud on my account and they had already paid it to Paypal!  Within minutes of me getting the e-mails! My bank doesn't even work that fast for ME!
Now McAfee won't even respond to Paypal to answer this,  in the meantime, I am short $89.99 in my bank account!
How can McAfee do this when I DID NOT sign up for Auto-renewal?  I am in the process of filing formal complaints about this also.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/19/2011 07:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/McAfee-Security/internet/McAfee-Security-Unauthorized-Automatic-Renewal-Internet-719674. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on McAfee Security