Complaint Review: McAfee Virus Protection

• Submitted: Sat, June 07, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, June 07, 2008

• Reported By:Edgewater Florida
McAfee Virus Protection
www.McAfee.com New York, New York U.S.A.

McAfee Virus Protection McAfee Debits money for subscription renewal McAfee Software New York New York

McAfee has debited $89.99 from my bank account. Three years ago they took $35 as a renwal and I told them to take me off of their subscription renewal. I had McAfee because it came with a Dell computer I had bought.
That computer crashed about 5 months ago and I bought a HP with Norton. Norton works well! The $89.99 that McAfee took said it was for a 3 user renewal. I have never had 3 computers in this house and have never had a 3 user subscription. When I called about this the woman said I signed up for it and I told her that I didn't. I told her I wasn't going to argue with her and that I wanted my money back. She said it would take 5 Days!!!!
I'm very upset about this and wonder how many people have overdrawn accounts because of this. Not everyone can afford to have that amount of money taken without them knowing.

Tammy
Edgewater, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/07/2008 05:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/McAfee-Virus-Protection/New-York-New-York-10036/McAfee-Virus-Protection-McAfee-Debits-money-for-subscription-renewal-McAfee-Software-New-Y-337974. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on McAfee Virus Protection