sticks

• Submitted: Sun, February 13, 2011
  • Updated: Sun, February 13, 2011

• Reported By: ryius — Marietta Georgia USA
McAfee
2821 Mission College Blvd., Santa Clara, CA 95054 2821 Mission College Blvd.,, California United States of America

McAfee Theivery For Us, Subscription Renewal For Them 2821 Mission College Blvd.,, California

*General Comment: Join the bunch

McAfee is an antivirus or virus scan software with multiple government contracts with the federal, state, and local government in my area.  Years ago, I started an account with them based on the this fact.  I believed that a company with so many contracts, at so many levels would be upright, moral and would have excellent support for their customers.

However, to my surprise, and definitely without my prior authorization, McAfee "renewed" my subscription by charging my credit card to the tune of $49.99.  This is twice what they normally charge me for their basic virus scan. What really upset me was that I had to call them up to reverse the charges for something I never asked for. On top of that, they offered me the virus scan for the price I normally get. I canceled my account, I think. I couldn't understand the lady on the other side of the phone.

Here's the point:
If you or I take money from someone else's account without authorization, it is called theft.  AND if we are using their account to do it, we also get charged with identity theft. So why is it okay for companies to do it?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/13/2011 12:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/McAfee/2821-Mission-College-Blvd-California-95054/McAfee-Theivery-For-Us-Subscription-Renewal-For-Them-2821-Mission-College-Blvd-Califo-694795. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on McAfee

#1 General Comment

Join the bunch

AUTHOR: lovey - ()

Don`t feel bad I was charged 95.39 for an anti virus subscription for the next year and never initiated it! This company is a fraud and cannot get away with it! Norton, here I come.