Complaint Review: McAfee

• Submitted: Mon, February 25, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, February 25, 2008

• Reported By:Quincy Minnesota
McAfee
P.O.Box 54007 El Paso, Texas U.S.A.

McAfee the third time that I am not receiving my mail in rebate El Paso Texas

On October 24 .2007 I purchased via the internet the McAfee Internet Security Suite ( 1 year subsciption) and was promised a $ 30.00 Mail-in rebate.

I did mail in the form as requested and did the follow-up via the indicated internet site and the phone number given by McAfee.

The tracking via internet indicated :
date received: 11-04-2007
Check issue date: 11-26-2007
Check Nimber: 20338
Status detail: your rebate is valid. Please allow up to 30 days to receive your rebate.

Using the tracking phone number gave me the same information except that the check issue date was 11-21-2007.

Naturally have not received the check as of today. I tried all kind of different McAfee phone numbers based on the information I had or looked up on the internet. I could not get a real person to give me an answer - besides most services are automated answering sevices. I actually got twice a real person.

The first one told me very politely that she cannot give me an answer but that she could not tell me either what phone number I could call.The second number must have been an offshore service probably in India or Pakistan. The operater told me over and over again that I should call my bank and ask them if they have cashed a McAfee check with the number 20338. Even after telling him that his recommandation is rediculous and that McAfee naturelly does not know my bank and the check has to be send to me and that there are thousands of banks in the US - he insisted with his recommandation.I finally asked for his suppervisor who gave me a phone number where supposedly I could talk to a real person - which was however again an automated phone service. I also send multiple e-mail to the McAfee customer service but they replied over an over again that they are not competent for rebates and refer me back to the web site and the automated phone numbers even so I told them the answers I had gotten from those services.

This is the third year that McAfee is screwing me with my rebate. In the past I finally gave up like probably many others because of the "small" amount but I would like to take it further this time because I consider it as Rebate Fraud.
Sincerely
Max

Maximilian
Quincy, Minnesota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/25/2008 12:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/McAfee/El-Paso-Texas-88554-0007/McAfee-the-third-time-that-I-am-not-receiving-my-mail-in-rebate-El-Paso-Texas-311814. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on McAfee