Complaint Review: McAfee

• Submitted: Wed, February 11, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, February 11, 2009

• Reported By:Houston Texas
McAfee
3965 Freedom Circle Santa Clara,, California U.S.A.

McAfee VirusScan, McAfee Charge My Credit Card Without Consent for 3 years Santa Clara California

I received McAfee Antivirus with a Dell Computer purchase in November 2004. Approximately, 90 days later I purchased a one-year subscription to McAfee Antivirus. By 2005 I discontinued the product as it drastically slowed processing speed down, and was not effective. I never knowingly requested the auto-renewal feature.

In auditing credit card statements in preparation for taxes this year (2009) I discovered McAfee (without my consent) charged my credit card $43.29 in February 2006, 2007, 2008, and was only days away from charging it for 2009. I called them to inquire about their fraudulent use of my credit card: They (McAfee) indicated that they could indefinitely charge my credit card, year after year, because when I downloaded McAfee Antivirus, it allegedly had an auto-renew feature.

I would guess there are millions who have not caught this on their credit card statement, as it appears once a year, and McAfee is literally bilking millions of dollars from unwitting clients who Do not have, and Don't use their product, Nor are they aware of this scam being perpetrated by McAfee. These folks need to be arrested for fraud. Additionally, a class action lawsuit would be a great start.

Tj ****
Houston, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/11/2009 09:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/McAfee/Santa-Clara-California-95054/McAfee-VirusScan-McAfee-Charge-My-Credit-Card-Without-Consent-for-3-years-Santa-Clara-Cal-422868. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on McAfee