Complaint Review: McAfee

• Submitted: Sun, July 17, 2011
  • Updated: Sun, July 17, 2011

• Reported By: Martha — WASHINGTON District of Columbia United States of America
McAfee

McAfee Fraudulent renewal Internet

I received an e-mail from McAfee with charges to my VISA card for automatic renewal.  I had not requested any renewal, automatic or otherwise.  Indeed, continues popups on my computer asking me to subscribe had been closed without reply.  I was not able to  cancel on their website because it asked for a customer code number, which I , of course, did not have.  In order to cancel by telephone, there is a charge.

I do not want their service.  On my old computer, I deleted McdAfee because it interfered with other programs and services I was using.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/17/2011 04:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/McAfee/internet/McAfee-Fraudulent-renewal-Internet-754017. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on McAfee