Complaint Review: McAfee

• Submitted: Mon, January 24, 2011
  • Updated: Mon, January 24, 2011

• Reported By: Icestation — Circle Pines Minnesota United States of America
McAfee

McAfee Protection software shut me down -a germ coated toothbrush would be a safer bet than McAfee Anti Virus internet

Purchased product from Costco (I only mention it because I'm hoping Costco will stop selling the product which I could have returned with their generous return policy but didn't think they should suffer at the expense of McAfee) After install was on my computer 34days it suddenly sent my computer into a loop program saying I was not protected and for my safety it shut down IE. Called and wrote McAfee, they told me because it was 4 days out of my "free 30 day support" I would have to pay for them to even look into problem and help me get my computer functioning.

The problem turns out it was their software had major bug that shut down thousands of computers from hospital, police departments computers...to little ole unemployed suzy consumer ... In order for them to fix my problem I'd have to pay more money for support.

I fixed it by removing the program and buying a new anti virus problem. I NEVER heard back from company even with numerous phone calls and emails.

I never heard back until now--they want me to renew. I've been getting renew notices in Nov. and Jan. even though had I still had the program on my computer it would only be MARCH 2011 when I would have to renew.

Stay away with all costs McAfee products. They don't stand behind their products and will only contact you when they want you to spend more money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/24/2011 10:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/McAfee/internet/McAfee-Protection-software-shut-me-down-a-germ-coated-toothbrush-would-be-a-safer-bet-th-686369. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on McAfee