Complaint Review: McAfee

• Submitted: Sun, September 18, 2011
  • Updated: Sun, September 18, 2011

• Reported By: thetruth2 — United States of America

McAfee fraudulent renewal Internet

My subscription expired 3/8/11. On 9/15/11 they billed my credit card they had on file $97.41.They said I had auto-renewal on. Which I did not. I continue to get pop ups to renue. Which I do not renew.They went in and changed it to on. Why would it take 6 months to renew my subscription which was already out.

They never sent me an email in advance to let me know they were going to do this. They only sent an email after they did this. In this email they said you can cancel your subscription only if cancellation is within 60 days of this renewal notice.

They cost me a $12.00 overdraft fee from my bank account, because I did not have enough money in my bank account. I am now waiting for a refund back to my bank account. Less the $12.00 overdraft fee.

This was an underhanded ploy by McAfee to get more money. Do not give them your credit card information so they will have access to your account.  They cannot be trusted.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/18/2011 08:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/McAfee/internet/McAfee-fraudulent-renewal-Internet-778168. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on McAfee