• Report: #198464

• Updated: Tue, June 27, 2006

• Reported By:Banning California
McAfee
subscriptions@mcafee.com Internet U.S.A.

McAfee ripoff auto-renewal fraudulant billing Internet

I received an email. It told me that based on my auto-renewal status that McAfee had renewed my subscription.

When you try to remove them from your computer, there is no way to take them off.

They said that I had auto-renewed with them when I haven't used their service in well over a year. They said that they had charged $34.99 to my account. I was furious!

I called and talked to a person in customer service. Come to find out they are located in Manilla, Philippines. I was given the run around. I wanted to know what account (credit card information they had used) they had charged. They refused to tell me. They wanted my updated personal information. Why? Because they don't have it, because I haven't used them.

I went round and round with this person who appeared to be reading from a script. They refused to tell me the account number and I refused to give them my updated information so that they could charge me again. The only thing they could tell me is that it was a card that expired in 2010. I don't have a card that expires in 2010!

They sent this email to me at my email address with my husband's name and someone elses credit card information. It appears that they must be reviewing old accounts and deciding on their own to renew them. They say when you first set up your account that it tells you that you are setting it up with a auto-renewal. Watch out for McAfee!!!

Tange
Banning, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/27/2006 01:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/McAfee/internet/McAfee-ripoff-auto-renewal-fraudulant-billing-Internet-198464. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on McAfee