Complaint Review: McCarty Talent Agency

• Updated: Thu, September 19, 2013

• Reported By: adeline — farmington Utah
McCarty Talent Agency
1326 Foothill Dr salt lake city, Utah USA

McCarty Talent Agency claimed to want to work with me, paid photograopher for headshots, tried to contact over a month for any reply salt lake city Utah

*Consumer Comment: Think before you speak

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: McCarty is the Finest

I went to audition at McCarty Talent agency on a recommendation from an acting teacher at a Utah University.

They claimed to be interested in working with me. They don't do paper contracts, I think, so they can't be liable for a thing.

I paid their in house photographer, who was like an admin assitant, to take headshots of me.

After paying her and receiving my headshots with a week and a half delay, I got my resume together, printed with their letterhead, and sent my shots that the photographer said was good.

I called and emailed for a few weeks and just got the run around.

Haven't heard a squeak back in over a month.

They wasted my money and my time, don't let them waste yours.

Beware McCarty Talent in Salt Lake City

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/19/2013 10:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/McCarty-Talent-Agency/salt-lake-city-Utah-84108/McCarty-Talent-Agency-claimed-to-want-to-work-with-me-paid-photograopher-for-headshots-1085935. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on McCarty Talent Agency

Think before you speak

AUTHOR: MWanders - ()

I have known of and worked with McCarty Talent for a few yrs now.  I know enough that Susie McCarty would resolve any conflict or questions regarding payment or the receival of a product had it been through her business,  Maybe you should try to contact the photographer and write about them considering McCarty doesnt even have photographers that work for them.

Before you say that they had you pay a photographer....then you never received the photos you may consider taking some responsibility for the actions you chose to take and also do some homework so you dont look like an absolute moron typing up a rip off report.  McCarty Does Not Have A Photographer That Works For Them

Take Responsibility and Stop Blaming Others For Your Mess Ups

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

McCarty is the Finest

AUTHOR: Christina Thurmond - ()

McCarty is the finest most professional agency in the Rockies! They do NOT have an in house photaographer they charge NOTHING to be with the agency and they don't have you sign as it is simply a mutual agrrement that should be made between talent and agent. They make NOTHING not a single dime off photos - If your shots and resume are not getting you work go get some training, do some extra work and work yourself up in the Biz like the rest of us have had to! NO ONE get's discovered and suddenly is handed work. We earn it by perseverance, hard work, and yes, often going to many agencies many times till you can get a break. This is a tuff business and the honest hard working people at McCarty are HONEST. It just might not be what you wanted to hear.