Complaint Review: McCue Mortgage

• Updated: Mon, October 10, 2011

• Reported By: Mom542 — Middletown Connecticut United States of America
McCue Mortgage
One Liberty Square, New Britain, CT. 06050 Internet United States of America

McCue Mortgage Move In Deadline Unreasonable When House Is Being Improved Upon Internet

My daugher purchased and closed on a foreclosed home late in June through McCue Mortgage Company in New Britain, CT with a CHFA Mortgage.  Written in the contract was the requirement that she occupy the home in a 60 day period.  This home, however, was in a state of complete disrepair given it was a foreclosure.  Pipes had frozen resulting in multiple leaks.  The bank required my daughter to fix all of those leaks, lay a floor in in bathroom amoung other small items in order to close.  Luckily, the house was empty and we were able to do all of that prior to the closing.  She did have a home inspection, but as we all know, an inspection only uncovers those items that can be tested or are visable.  She has not moved in yet and is over the alloted 60 days.  She has had new siding, windows, gutters, doors, roof, flooring, bathtub installed by contractors.  We have fixed (weekend warriors) multiple leaks, priming all walls (the former owners left dogs and the smell was terrible), painted, torn up floorings, patched wholes, fixed electrical, removed sheetrock that was wet and rotting and replaced, mudded, etc.  Of late, we found black mold behind the kitchen cabinets which we only took off the kitchen walls because of sheetrock issues.  We have hired a sheetrock contractor to put in the sheetrock in the kitchen to move us along more quickly, but in ripping down the black mold sheetrock, we found a few more minor leaks and the sill of the back wall was rotted (disintrigrated).  We have mitigated that.  The bank however is so angry that my daughter has not moved in, that they are now threatening foreclosure or an interest rate hike.  I find this completely rediculous.  She has made every mortgage payment on time.  All of the bills associated with the house have been made on time.  My daugher and her two and half year old daughter are living with my husband and I until she moves into the property.  I don't understand how they can enforce this given the steady improvements made too the property and the fact that we have been consistently in there working on the property.  We cannot be held responsible for contractor delays.  In an environment where people are being foreclosed on for not paying their mortgage, here is my daughter who is paying her mortgage and improving on the property.  But due to the multiple issues, cannot move in as it would prove a potential medical issue to both my daughter and granddaughter.  Unbelievable.  My husband and I used McCue Mortgage for the purchase of our first home and recommended them to my daugher.  I am so disgusted as is my daughter with McCue Mortgage, that she would never recommend them to anyone and as soon as she financially is able, will refinance away from McCue Mortgage.  Unbelievable.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/10/2011 06:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/McCue-Mortgage/internet/McCue-Mortgage-Move-In-Deadline-Unreasonable-When-House-Is-Being-Improved-Upon-Internet-786875. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on McCue Mortgage