Complaint Review: McDonald's

• Updated: Tue, July 03, 2012

• Reported By: Trish — Alamogorodo New Mexico United States of America
McDonald's
222 S White Sands Blvd Alamogordo, New Mexico United States of America

McDonald's ; Alamogordo, NM off White Sands Blvd purchased a happy meal for my Grandson thru the drive thru & they had served raw chicken nuggets! Alamogordo, New Mexico

*Consumer Comment: Chicken is not precooked

*Consumer Comment: You are fine

I am very concerned as I wonder how many others were served raw chicken nuggets to children's meal or regular ones thru the drive thru? Unfortunately, I was picking up a happy meal chicken nugget for my 2 1/2yr old grandson with my son as well through the drive thru.  Once home, upon serving him the nuggets it wasn't realized until my son took a bite of one of his chicken nuggets, did we realize how raw, pink and mushy, nasty it was inside!! Calling the McDonalds, there was no answer nor a message machine on their listed number. Once I went into the McDonald's, the lady working there proceeded just to refund my money. I was still not satisfied, as I was concerned for other children of parents and my own grandchild, if he gets deathly ill from this??? I still need to research to find out how to contact the Health Board in the area, as this to me, is a big deal! Serving raw food, especially chicken nuggets, is not something to be just dealt with a refund to the customer and given the name of a manager to whom is not there! Unbelievable!! So, McDonald's & Barbara Good, I hope you read this and understand as a parent & grandparent, this is unacceptable.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/26/2012 09:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/McDonalds/Alamogordo-New-Mexico-88310/McDonalds-Alamogordo-NM-off-White-Sands-Blvd-purchased-a-happy-meal-for-my-Grandson-th-829375. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on McDonald's

Chicken is not precooked

AUTHOR: Momof5 - (United States of America)

I just had a very similar experience with raw chicken being served to 4 of my children. I took the food that wasn't eaten (much of it was before my kids said anything about it tasting funny) back into the restaurant and the manager was apologetic. He offered fully cooked nuggets to the kids that wanted it and filed a report. The next day, I called the corporate office and asked if the chicken was precooked and was told that it is not...the chicken was indeed raw.

My kids did not end up getting sick, but I've received 2 separate calls from McDonalds checking on them. One from the manager and one from their insurance company. They said they are sending me an apology...I'm assuming that means a letter, and also some gift cards for free meals.

In my opinion, McDonalds handled this well in my situation. My kids didn't get sick. If they had, I would have expected them to pay our medical bills. Mistakes happen. Eating raw chicken is disgusting, but it was a mistake and my kids are ok. I thought the customer service I received after the fact was very good.

You are fine

AUTHOR: Ashley - (U.S.A.)

Mcdonald's chicken nuggets are pre-cooked and then frozen. The store is simply re-heating them, so they weren't raw they just weren't fully reheated. So aside from them tasting nasty, you should be safe from food borne illness. Also, you got a refund, what more do you want? They apologized and gave your money back, I'm not sure what you want out of them.