Complaint Review: McDonalds

McDonalds
1607 Kings Hwy Brooklyn, New York United States of America

McDonalds Ripping Customers Off Brooklyn, New York

*General Comment: seriously?

*UPDATE Employee: have you worked here?

*Consumer Comment: To Ex employee

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Think before you speak

In two cases, my locate McDonald tried to rip me off.  The first case I bough a mushroom swiss angus burger.  The total came to around $7.00 and I paid them with a $10.00.  The cashier didn't give me back my change until I told her that she owed me change.  Also it seem that they don't understand what large means, even though they didn't charge me for it, I wanted a large.  The second case was when I bough 4 double cheese burgers and 2 apple pies.  The total came to around $7.50.  Instead of giving me what I ordered, I got half of what I ordered.  What was even more stupid was, she confirmed it with me before she got my food.  Anyone that buys form here, I suggest you count your change, check your items before you leave.  I strongly believe they do this intentionally.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/13/2009 11:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/McDonalds/Brooklyn-New-York-11229/McDonalds-Ripping-Customers-Off-Brooklyn-New-York-523346. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on McDonalds

#1 General Comment

seriously?

AUTHOR: SpyderAlice - (USA)

ok dude i may not work at mcd but i do work at JitB and YES it is possible for her to have not realized you handed her a 10.. heck sometimes when a customer hands me a 20 and the cost of their food is like five bucks or something i accidentally press the wrong bill number on the register, luckilly i do however realize that oh crap i owe them more (which sometimes will make our drawers short by doing so) or if i forgot part of their change, unless i have a key to the register (and from my understanding at mcd they can NOT for any reason open the registers unless you buy something (i know because i tried to get change at one once)).

also yes we DO talk to our coworkes while we are working if it is RELEVANT to what we are doing right then like if its somethign that needs to be said to to cook, or whoever regarding YOUR ORDER, or an order on our screens (such as wondering if an order has already been given out already so a customer wont have to wait 15 mins etc on their food)

and yes were are TOLD AND EXPECTED to hurry up and give you YOUR MONEY AND CHANGE so yes sometimes we do close the drawer to early to move on to the person behind you, or get an order out or whatever OUR BOSS DEMANDS OF US... and like others have said unless you work business then you should shut your trap politely say to your cashier you owe me more change and be done and dont friggin BITCH ABOUT IT! trust me you think yall bitch about us we bitch about you guys harder to each other!

have you worked here?

AUTHOR: Aoibheal80 - (United States of America)

Until you have worked in the fast food industry, you will not and cannot understand the many mistakes that can happen.  We dont try to rip you off...after all what is the cashier going to get from not giving you your change...we do have cameras and your 3 dollars isnt worth her job.  we also hand out lots of bags on a daily basis and sometimes there is a break in communication as the other poster stated before.  apply at your local mcds and stick around for a few months...then you'll see how your 'excuses' arent.

To Ex employee

AUTHOR: Inspector - (USA)

"Maybe, the worker hadn't realized that you gave her a ten. Maybe she became distracted by another employee asking a question, or even another customer. Perhaps she accidentally closed the drawer before grabbing the change. "

Let's see the total came to $7.00 and I handed them a single bill and they didn't know it was a ten? Come on, that is a lame excuse. Speaking with another employee while handling a customer's money is a no-no in any job. And accidently closing the drawer before grabbing the change is also not a good enough excuse.

Making excuses for cheating the customer is not good business. I don't care how many customers they handle daily.

I understand now why you are an EX employee.

#4 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Think before you speak

AUTHOR: TheMole - (USA)

Having been a manager for several years at a McDonald's I understand your complaint. At most restaurants the employees work anywhere from six to eight hours in a single day. Now, during this day they will usually serve hundreds of customers. And, occasionally someone will make a mistake.        So, here are some things to I would like you to think about.

In regards to the change fiasco, it is the employees responsibility to give you your change. But unless this happens on a regular basis there is probably a reasonable explanation as to what happened. Maybe, the worker hadn't realized that you gave her a ten. Maybe she became distracted by another employee asking a question, or even another customer. Perhaps she accidentally closed the drawer before grabbing the change.

Now we move onto the missed food. Now I understand you would like to receive what you payed for. Perfectly reasonable expectation. There is a fair chance that your food was going to come in two bags. Perhaps the person that handed you the bag grabbed it before it was ready or maybe you were given a bag that wasn't intended for you.

All of these scenarios are honest mistakes and much more likely, then someone trying to rip you off. Believe it or not, the employees at any business are not going to be perfect. They will make mistakes and most are more than willing to make it right. All you need to do is let them know. So, take the time to think things through before you accuse someone of stealing from you.