Complaint Review: McDonalds

4040 Jermantown Road Fairfax, Virginia United States of America

McDonalds So any size coffee is $1? Yes, but...... Fairfax, Virginia

*Consumer Comment: Misunderstanding the promotion

*Consumer Comment: Me Too

I ordered the "2 Egg McMuffin Meal" here and saw the sign stating any size coffee is $1. Great! I asked for a large coffe with that, thank you. As the manager rang up the order I noticed it seemed tax was a little high...until I saw the receipt.

On the receipt was a .49 cent charge labled "drink upcharge". Really? I asked the manager how they could charge an upgrade fee when any cup of regular coffe was the same price. After staring at me like I had two noses and both were bloody, she declared derisively that "you asked for a large." Yes, yes I did. I tried again to explain that if the small coffee with the meal represented a $1, and large coffees were the same price, why was I charged the fee?

"But, but, you asked for a large." Got it, the robots behind the counter, and in the manager's uniform either cannot think for themselves or corporate has really got them trained by rote.

I know, less than half a dollar, right? Got it. I didn't even push for money back, just wanted them to understand the ridiculousness of their position. Half a buck here, half there.....how much money is this branch and others taking in as "free money"?

Aren't we all tired of being nickel and dimed to death? So I guess it isn't truly any size for a buck. I should have ordered the small coffeee and the returned it for a large....but why should I have to over their claimed price?

As for me, I will be sticking to breakfast elsewhere when I am on the run.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/25/2012 06:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/McDonalds/Fairfax-Virginia-28315/McDonalds-So-any-size-coffee-is-1-Yes-but-Fairfax-Virginia-873472. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on McDonalds

Misunderstanding the promotion

AUTHOR: Ashley - (U.S.A.)

You are trying to combine multiple offers which they refuse to do. This is standard as any sort of fast food place. The 1$ any size coffee is a la carte. If you ordered an egg mcmuffin and a large coffee the coffee would only be 1$.

You are ordering an extra value meal which already contains discounted items for ordering the value meal. You cannot combine a drink offer with the value meal offer. They were correct in charging you 49 cents for the large coffee. if you want to take advantage of the 1$ coffee then you would need to order the egg mcmuffins separately and not in a value meal. Often its cheaper to do this when there is a good deal on a drink.

Do you understand now? Its just like having a coupon for 50 cents off an item when you buy two and a store running a buy one get one free offer. You can't combine the two offers, you can either get 50 cents off two or buy one get one free.

No ripoff here.

Me Too

AUTHOR: Cory - (U.S.A.)

The same thing happened to me. Tried to jack me for $1.49. I said to the clerk, Ok, lets try this another way. I want a 99 cent size coffee IN A LARGE CUP. Oh, no problem he hands me a LARGE SIZE for 99 cents. Funny as hell. I want to PAY 99 cents but I want the $1.49 size cup like it say on that sign up there. I point. It flew right over his head. Don't even try explaining it to them.