Complaint Review: McDonald's

• Updated: Tue, January 21, 2014

• Reported By: David — Orlando Florida
McDonald's
Grand Ledge, Michigan USA

McDonald's Burgers, food, fast food, fast, work, money, drugs, stupid, idiot, Grand Ledge Michigan

*Consumer Comment: Inept employee

*Consumer Comment: Why now?

*Consumer Comment: Well, good for you

This place is terrible! Disrespectful to their employees. If you can't keep your employees happy, you can't satisfy your customers either. The Managers don't have enough common sense to figure this out. This was the first job I ever had. They only scheduled me for Four (4) hrs for one day out of a 14 day pay period! The more I asked them to give me more hours, the less they gave me! They treated me and everyone else who worked there like carp! I didn't even feel like a human being there! They expected us to work so fast there all the time that you couldn't even concentrate on any one thing. You start one thing and they are screaming at you to do 50 other things at the same time. While you try to do something else, the burgers you're making are all burning! You have to throw them away and make more. Then the Managers are yelling, "why are you taking so long on those Burgers! Now customers are complaining! Hurry up!" For a job like this, they need to pay about $25/hour! This job was a big waste of 3 months of my life! They were paying me minimum wage, which was $3.80/hour at the time! I had to waste my time and gas to go into work on a day I wasn't scheduled to work to pick up a pay check that was only about $14! This was back when gas prices were starting to slowly go up closer to $2.00! I couldn't even afford to pay my insurance and gas to get into work! This place was a waste of time to work at! Don't make my same mistake! The Managers here are lazy and uneducated. They just sit around and do nothing while they expect you to go do everything else!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/21/2014 04:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/McDonalds/Grand-Ledge-Michigan-48837/McDonalds-Burgers-food-fast-food-fast-work-money-drugs-stupid-idiot-Grand-Ledge-1117367. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on McDonald's

Inept employee

AUTHOR: soupjonz - ()

Sounds like this is a case of an incompetent worker. If you moved quickly (it becomes a habit, trust me) and learned to multi task, no manager would over look that, no matter how poor the management is. If you are constantly getting yelled at and denied hours, maybe you are not doing a very good job. Attitude goes a long way, too. This "they owe me something" demeanor is very apparent in your writing, and it certainly does not gain the respect of coworkers. When you get knocked back to four hours every two weeks, this is not a subtle message. You might want to reflect on yourself as an employee.

Why now?

AUTHOR: MochaG - ()

I don't know why you just make a complaint about your long past? The last time I saw gas price of $2 per gallon was... 10 years ago? Also, the minimum wage went up to $7.25 in 2009 if I remember correctly. So my point is "what do you want out of this?" It seems that you hold the grudge for a very long time. Not sure why...

Well, good for you

AUTHOR: coast - ()

Of course you know it all with your three months of experience. How did they get that company off the ground or even survive before you came along?