Complaint Review: McDonalds

• Updated: Fri, October 01, 2010

• Reported By: Jen — Redford Michigan United States of America
McDonalds
plymouth rd Redford, Michigan United States of America

McDonalds employee switched my debit card, then I was treated like poorly in Redford, Michigan

on 9/21/2010, I went through the drive thru of McDonalds located on Plmouth rd. and BeechDaly in Redford, MI. I used my debit card as method of payment. after I was handed what I assumed was my debit card back I placed it in the card slot i normally put it in my wallet. A couple days later I went to get my debit card out of my wallet and much to my suprise i pulled out a hotel key card. I immeaditly called and checked for unapproved activity and cancelled my card. It had not been used, only because there was just a few dollars left on the card im sure.

I decided to do a little detective work of my own and find out just for the h*ll of it where this hotel was located. The key card did not have the name of the hotel on it, however, there was an advertisment for a Pizza place on one side. I called the pizza place and asked for their location. Sure enough, they were located about 1 mile from the McDonalds and delivered to 3 different hotels in the area.

I decided to visit Mcdonalds and speak to a manager. I wanted to let them know what was going on and give them the benefit of the doubt. I asked for a manager and was approached by a young man with a costume crown on...yes I am for real. In fact most employees had some sort of hat on from cowboy to jester hats. I calmly explained the situation. The manger told me to "hold on" and walked to the back of the store. He stated there were no debit cards left behind...of course there wasnt. He then looked at me in aggravation and said... "ma'am, what do you want ME to do about it"

Maybe if he had apoligised for the misunderstanding, offered to look into the situation, or just acted like he gave a s**t i wouldnt have been appauled by the "customer service" I received.

I had to assume this was no mistake. any one who has ever used a debit/credit card in a drive thru would probably agree. I am angry with myself for not paying more attention but I promise this has been a lesson learned. I filed a police report with the Redford police dept. Although there was no unauthorized activity, I thought this should be reported in case it happens again and someone else steps up. this could be an ongoing thing and the more DOCUMENTED cases the more likely we are to putting an end to it.

Just FYI, I do not have a spouse or house guest and live only with my 3 small children. I know if I were married or had a spouse I would be suspious of them under the circumstances... which if you think about it thats terrible cause these theives could have not only broke me but possibly a relationship if I had one.

Other than the obvious, my frustration lies here; I am a single mom of 3 children. I am laid off like many Michiganders. That 3 dollars I spent at that McDonalds that day turned into 20.50 because I had to replace my unemployement card... and I had to pay for it. I am on a limited income as it is... so that may seem like a small amount to some, but i could have put gas in my truck or bought diapers...

I understand this was only one McDonalds but I am left with a bad taste in my mouth over this and will probably not visit any location for a very long time. I will NEVER go back to th Plymouth Rd. location...and BEWARE COSTOMERS!!! Always double check your cards...

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/01/2010 01:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/McDonalds/Redford-Michigan-48239/McDonalds-employee-switched-my-debit-card-then-I-was-treated-like-poorly-in-Redford-Mic-646582. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on McDonalds