Complaint Review: McGinn,Smith Alarm Trading LLc

• Updated: Tue, January 18, 2011

• Reported By: colleen — zion Illinois United States of America
McGinn,Smith Alarm Trading LLc
99 Pine St Albany, New York United States of America

McGinn,Smith Alarm Trading LLc Alarm Services sent a serviceman without parts to do job,and billed me for it when he could not do his job Albany, New York

*UPDATE Employee: Company Response

*Author of original report: Company does the right thing

Business has a D rating from the BBB and 42 complaints against them(fact that I did not know when my contract was sold to them from another company)They monitor security systems.I soon discovered that they were happy to take my money every month,but unable to provide repair work when neede.I switched to AT&T uverse and needed a cell unit installed. I talked to several people at the company and made it clear what the problem was.I had to wait over 2 1/2 weeks to get someone out here.No one at the company bothered to let the serviceman know why he was coming out here.He did not come out with the parts to fix the system.The serviceman told me there would be no charge since it was the company's fault he did not do the work that day.The company turned around and charged me $80.00 for the service call anyways.I would suggest that consumers do not do business with this company.Besides all that,the serviceman that came out has his own burgler alarm company and was giving me quotes for hisbusiness,which was unprofessional.In general I found that the employees of this companydo not return phone calls or it takes them days to get back to you.The employees are rude and act like they are doing you a favor by talking to you.When I filed a complaint against them with the BBB part of what I wanted was to talk to someone other than the snotty billing manager.---They refused to do that simple thing.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/06/2011 10:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/McGinnSmith-Alarm-Trading-LLc/Albany-New-York-12207/McGinnSmith-Alarm-Trading-LLc-Alarm-Services-sent-a-serviceman-without-parts-to-do-job-679499. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on McGinn,Smith Alarm Trading LLc

Company Response

AUTHOR: Doug Keenholts - (United States of America)

Our goal is to provide the best customer service in our industry and to meet each individual customers needs. When we fall short of this goal, we take it very seriously. In this instance, it appears we had a miscommunication with the customer regarding what was needed to fix her system. Through interviews with the personnel involved and a review of our internal notes, it appears we believed that the customer had installed a DSL line for her home phone, and dispatched a subcontractor with those instructions. As the customer noted, she actually had AT&T Uverse installed, which requires a cellular upgrade to fix the issue. Since the subcontractor did not know this ahead of time, he did not have the needed equipment with him on that service call, and the issue snowballed from there. After reviewing the situation with our staff, we have agreed to credit the customers account for the $80 service call.We are also revising our internal procedures to ensure this type of miscommunication is avoided in the future.We have spoken with the customer, who was pleased with our follow-up and subsequent handling of the account.

Company does the right thing

AUTHOR: colleen - (United States of America)

Someone from the company did contact me. They decided to wave the charges against me. If the SNOTTY billing manager had let me talk to someone higher up in the company in the first place I would not of had to file a claim with the BBB at all!