voters

• Updated: Wed, March 24, 2010

• Reported By: Virg487 — Passaic New Jersey United States of America
McGregor Wells
18580 East Colonial Dr Orlando, Florida United States of America

McGregor Wells Lindbergh Southern Inc. Sent letter and check advising that we won money, check from Wachovia for $3980.00 Orlando, Florida

*Author of original report: The scame plot thickens....

A letter was sent stating we won $250,000 and a check from Wachovia for $3980.00 was sent to me.  I contacted Wachovia first in regards to the check at 888-647-3648.  They advised me that the account on the check was already reported to their fraud department and that it is not valid. The account is not valid and the check would never be processed.  They advised not to give any information to them and to destroy the check.

I then contacted McGregor Wells at 905-781-6347 and he proceeded to try to get information out of me when I refused to give them anything he said goodbye, and I asked him why he was passing out invalid checks where Wachovia advised me that the fake account number is under fraud investigation. He said he will call Wachovia to put them in their place cause they can't say that. Yeah right.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/24/2010 09:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/McGregor-Wells/Orlando-Florida-32820/McGregor-Wells-Lindbergh-Southern-Inc-Sent-letter-and-check-advising-that-we-won-money-c-584904. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on McGregor Wells

The scame plot thickens....

AUTHOR: Virg487 - (United States of America)

I contacted McGregor Wells lied about check number and claim number and was advised congrats I won $250,000 I am to deposit the fake check Wachovia Fraud Department advised was not valid and then call him back up for a Western Union address for where I will pay my taxes too.

Then he wants me after I lied to him and told him I deposited the check, he told me to send $2995 to Ms Karen Dwyer; 150 Second Ave, London UK W1U 6RE, there is also a $135 Western Union Fee I also have to pay.

I figure it was good to lie to him to get the rest of this information for everybody, lol...