Complaint Review: McKenzie Scott

• Submitted: Wed, May 03, 2006
  • Updated: Wed, May 03, 2006

• Reported By:Evansville Indiana
McKenzie Scott
7979 East Tufts Avenue Parkway Suite 1400 Denver CO 80237 Indianapolis, Indiana U.S.A.

McKenzie Scott ripoff Indianapolis Indiana
*UPDATE: Rip-off Report Investigation - McKenzie Scott to resolve any and all issues, commitment to 100% customer satisfaction -commitment to provide excellent customer service - safeguards for their clients - consumers should feel secure when doing business with McKenzie Scott.

I was contacted by McKenzie Scott for a meeting in Indianapolis in September 2004 concerning job oppurtunties. I was unemployed for almost two years and contacted all types of companies and job web sites to find employment. This contact from McKenzie Scott sounded like "an answer to my prayers" to finding a senior management job.

I went to Indianapolis at two different dates and met each time with Blaine Johnston Managing Director for McKenzie Scott. The second meeting I was required to bring my wife to meet with Mr. Johnston. At this meeting he began his "pressure tactics" to sell us on their program. He then surprised my wife and I with their fee, which was $15,000. We were not made aware of this beforehand at all, if I had known this I would not have attended this second meeting. Because he felt they could assist us in finding a job he lowered the fee to $14,000.

He proceeded at that time to demand immediate payment before we left his office. We did not have this type of sum in our checking account. After some discussion we gave him a post dated check of $5000 and th e intensions of borrowing $9000 from the bank to complete this tranaction. During our conversation he promised a money back guarentee if I did not find a job using their services.

I went through their program for about 14 months, I did not receive on interview for a job. All that I have are approximately 200 rejection letters. I never received any words of encouagement or even help from this firm. When I contacted them for my money back or at least 1/2 of the amount, they "blew me off".

This company and others are no help to a job seeker. They prey on a job seekers emotions since the job seeker is "down" about not finding a job.

All I want is 1/2 of my money back from McKenzie Scott.

Jack
Evansville, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/03/2006 07:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/McKenzie-Scott/Indianapolis-Indiana-46240/McKenzie-Scott-ripoff-Indianapolis-IndianaUPDATE-Rip-off-Report-Investigation-McKenzie-189755. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on McKenzie Scott