Complaint Review: McLarty Ford / Quick Lane

• Submitted: Tue, July 14, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, June 22, 2011

• Reported By:Western Grove Arkansas
McLarty Ford / Quick Lane
College Driveand Summerhill Road Texarkana, Texas U.S.A.

McLarty Ford / Quick Lane In 2002 I bought a 2002 Ford Explorer One of the reasons I bought this explorer was that I was told that I would have tires for life. I move to Harrison, Ark. Had explorer serviced at certified Ford Dealership. Now I need tires and I was told to bad by McLarty Ford and Quick lane-they said I voided the contract when I did not have my explorer serviced by them. Texarkana Texas

*Consumer Comment: Good Experience

*Consumer Comment: Confused

On 7/10/09 I contacted McLarty Ford and Quick Lane about needing new tires. When I bought this auto I was told that I would have tires for life.

I did not sign the orginial contract that stated that I had to get my auto serviced at Quick Lane owened by Mclartybut my husband did. I did have it serviced-tires rotated fount end alined and all other requirements at a Certified Ford dealer.

When I needed new tires I call Mike Ashby the Salesman I bought the auto from and he referred me to Jim Knight the manager of Quick Lane. Mr. Knight informed me that when I did not have my explorer serviced at their dalership it voided my contract for tires for life.

The contract did say that it should be serviced by the dealership where I bought it but that was not what the sales man told me. Mr. Knight said too bad. I contacted Paul Lambert ( I don't know his title) and he said basicelly too bad.

I feel that I was mislead when I bougth the explorer-by the salesman Mike Ashby. Mr Knight and Mr Lambert were very rude and unprofessional. Mr. lambert even laughted at me because I thougth I would get tires for life.

My Husband and I have done business with McLarty Ford for over 15 years but we will not buy another auto from them and I would advise others in that area to go else where. Every since I bought the explore I have had problems with Mclarty Service department getting warranty service done and done correctly.

Jodie
Western Grove, Arkansas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/14/2009 09:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/McLarty-Ford-Quick-Lane/Texarkana-Texas-75501/McLarty-Ford-Quick-Lane-In-2002-I-bought-a-2002-Ford-Explorer-One-of-the-reasons-I-boug-469501. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on McLarty Ford / Quick Lane

Good Experience

AUTHOR: Brian - (United States of America)

I bought my 2003 Dodge from McLarty Ford in October 2002 and got the tires for life deal.  The agreement clearly stated on the paperwork what the requirements were to qualify for the replacement tires.  Periodic  tire balance/rotations and alignments.  I am on my 4th set of "free" tires and am very satisfied with the service.  The charges for services are very competitive, and the staff is very friendly.

It has been my responsibility to keep up with the mileage and have the service done as required. I have driven this truck longer than most I have owned because a set of tires is around $700.00.

Confused

AUTHOR: Ashley - (U.S.A.)

"I did not sign the orginial contract that stated that I had to get my auto serviced at Quick Lane owened by Mclartybut my husband did"

So the contract stated that you had to get your auto serviced at Quick Lane, and your husband DID sign it?

Sounds like a legally binding contract to me.

Next time read your paperwork.