Complaint Review: McMahon's RV

• Updated: Wed, June 12, 2013

• Reported By: David — La Jolla California
McMahon's RV
5400 Garden Grove Blvd Westminster, California USA

McMahon's RV Lost parts to my motorhome. Unresponsive service Westminster California

I went to McMahon's RV in Westminster because they had the rare Class B motorhome I wanted -- a Pleasure Way Traverse. I purchased the vehicle in early April, and went back for orientation five days later. During orientation, they notified me they had lost my 2nd set of keys and fob, all warranties, manuals, and a few parts for the coach appliances. They said they were at another location, and that they'd be mailed that week. A week passed, so I called to see what was going on. The parts manager, David Barry, actually lied to me and told me "actually, new vehicles don't come with spare keys or fobs anymore...haven't for a couple years". So, I called the manufacture, Pleasure Way, and they told me that I was indeed being lied to. When I called Dave out on his lie, he said McMahons would cover the cost of key and fob, but that I would have to take time off work and have them made at the Ford (the maker of the chassis) dealership--took them three weeks to reimburse me. Now, two and a half months have passed, and hey still haven't replaced the missing parts. I had been dealing with my salesman, Chuck Lytle, but he has now decided to stop returning my calls.

So, I have just filled a complaint with the BBB. I wish I had read the posts here and other places here before making the mistake of dealing with these folks. Had I read the BBB statistics under Complaints and Industry Comparison, I would have seen that they have a greater than four times the incidence of complaints, compared with any other RV dealer in the greater LA area AND THE NATION!!! RippOffReports for them are also horrible. I have since even found a blog dedicated to "mcmahon's rv consumer warning" and an article on Perez Hilton that they just got sued by Taylor Lautner, because they tried to rip him off--Tay won the lawsuit.

Also, if you find yourself making the mistake of McMahon's RV purchase, avoid the finance guy Sheldon Thomas, as well.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/12/2013 11:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/McMahons-RV/Westminster-California-92683/McMahons-RV-Lost-parts-to-my-motorhome-Unresponsive-service-Westminster-California-1058762. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on McMahon's RV