Complaint Review: Mci Worlcom Wireless

• Submitted: Thu, November 22, 2001
  • Updated: Thu, November 22, 2001

• Reported By:
Mci Worlcom Wireless
P O Box 9369 Garden city, New York U.S.A.

Mci Worldcom Wireless Ripoff behavior of this company is inexcuseable

*0:

I started with worldcom wireless and so did my grandmother due to an offer we got in the mail. We normaly don't answer things like that but the offer was a great one.( a too good to be true one to be exact.) Well we signed up and recived our phones July 18th 2001. Everything was in black and white when we recived our Phones the contract stated: *$39.99 monthly access charge( * 400 local anytime minutes included per month * free motorola Digital Phone * Free call waiting, call fowarding, 3 way calling, caller ID, Free basic Voice mail(non- of which were ever hooked up)* free off peak minutes per month * long distance calls from your home area are billed at $ 0.00/per minute plus airtime on domestic calls * one time $6.95 S&H charge * one time $25.00 activation fee waived.

Sounds good dosent it well my Grandmother's phone worked for one month then it died. She complained they said " Well you can send it and we will send you a new one." She said," No I have had nothing but problems with you people and I am sending you back this phone and thats that."

Well it cost her to send it back and then she even paid the bill they sent her which was 3 months later and it was a 3 month bill(what nerve they have). When that happened to her I should have sent mine back but mine I thought was working fine. Come to find out that it wasn't and they sent me a 3 month bill also. I paid it and then I though well what is going on I can't get through to these paople on there costumer service line.

I also saw there was more then one address they use I would get stuff from them from texas then New York I didn't know who to write to. So I went to there email and complained to them about all of this demanding an answer. Well I get an email back minutes later saying," thanks for your comment." In my head I am thinking what the hell did they send me a thank you for? I wanted answers not a thank you." So I went to go back to the web page and I found A rip off report with there name on it that said ." mci/worldcom wireless cellular phone rip-off Look OUT FOR THESE THIEVES!!" So I decided to read it and I couldn't belive my eyes. What they did was horrorable.

I am so upset I should have listened to myself a threw away the paper. I consulted my Laywer and now I am sending everything back. The behavior of this company is inexcuseable. I hope others we learn from my mistake. If an offer is too good to be true. It normaly is.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/22/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mci-Worlcom-Wireless/Garden-city-New-York-11530/Mci-Worldcom-Wireless-Ripoff-behavior-of-this-company-is-inexcuseable-8044. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mci Worlcom Wireless