comfort

• Updated: Wed, December 19, 2012

• Reported By: Lisa — Ooltewah Tennessee United States of America
Meaningful Beauty
6 Commerce Way, Arden, North Carolina United States of America

Meaningful Beauty Cindy Crawford, Guthy-Renker denied refund after undisputable proof from UPS documents showig that product was returned before end of trial period. Arden, North Carolina

*Consumer Comment: Horrible customer service

*Consumer Comment: Another important detail to use.

On 3/2/2012 I received a 90 day supply of Meaningful Beauty that I had ordered from an infomercial on TV.  Per their advertising, "if you are not completely satisfied, please return the bottles (empty or not) within 60 days of receipt and we will provide you with full refund of the purchase price (less shipping and handling).

I tried the product day and night religiously (missed maybe 2 nights) for over a month and it did not help with my complexion at all.  I went to the UPS store on 4/17/2012 and returned everything they sent me including the so called free gifts as per their instructions. So I only had product for 48 days. I paid $9.40 for returning product and I received from UPS a shipping receipt with tracking #.

After waiting for 1 month without receiving a refund, I went on the internet and used the website address off shipping receipt from UPS and put in my tracking # and it showed that package had been delivered to Meaningful Beauty in Arden, NC on 4/18/2012 at 11:28 am.

I then sent an email to Meaningful Beauty requesting information as to when I would receive my refund.  They responded saying that I had kept the product for over 60 days otherwise they would gladly refund my money.  They sent another email that said I should have returned product to them by April 27, 2012 which I have a copy of.

After receiving that email I scan my shipping receipt and the copy of the UPS tracking record showing them that they received it on 4/18/12.  They responded saying that there records indicate that they didn't receive it until 5/16/2012.  At this point, I'm not sure if they are just stupid or if they think that I am.  How could they even respond back to me after I had showed them undeniable proof.

So now I am out $129.90 plus $9.40 for returning their product. This needs to be stopped, I have read many other reviews from people they have deceived besides me and it's absolutely outrageous that they are getting away with it. I am ready to file a class action suit against these people anytime you are. I want to see headlines that read "Class Action Lawsuit against Cindy Crawford and Meaningful Beauty".  That would be awesome.

I'm seriously considering going to ROOMS TO GO where she has a line of furniture and putting up a sign saying "SHAME ON CINDY CRAWFORD". Please help me stop this terrible injustice.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/23/2012 09:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Meaningful-Beauty/Arden-North-Carolina-28704/Meaningful-Beauty-Cindy-Crawford-Guthy-Renker-denied-refund-after-undisputable-proof-from-886926. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Meaningful Beauty

Horrible customer service

AUTHOR: blackandgold - (Canada)

I am having the same trouble (via Canadian location). I ordered the sample kit and then returned the first "replenishment" pack. Despite having proof of the package being signed for at their offices, they continue  to deny receipt and refuse to credit my account. Cindy should be ashamed to have her name associated with this company! not to mention all the other celebrities endorsing the product on the infomercials. I plan on telling every woman I know about the experience and encourage them to boycott all products by this company.

Another important detail to use.

AUTHOR: seeworthy - (USA)

Not only did the tracking prove it was delivered nine days before the deadline, but that company also signed for it. Refer to the signature name in tracking and tell that company, "You have an employed named [John Smith]. That employee of yours signed for it on the 18th. No customer is responsible when returns sit waiting to be processed for a month withing your company."

Then, they will know you're not the idiot. They'll either admit, "You caught us. We are idiots. You still get no refund.", or more likely, "Your refund will be refunded to your card withing the next 2-3 business days."