Complaint Review: MechPlay

• Reported By: AKL — Little Elm Texas
MechPlay
Internet USA

MechPlay Free Scam - Really a Trial Period  Internet

I had clicked on a Roku message to sign up for a free channel through my Roku when I got a screen for mechplay. There was NOTHING to indicate this was a trial service and a lot of verbiage about how the credit card was only used to validate I was a real person.

Once I provided my details, I got a screen saying it was a trial service. I immediately called to cancel the service and got a confirmation email immediately. However, a $1 charge appeared on my statement for "MechPlay." When I called to contest that, a very rude employee told me I had donated a dollar to UNICEF. Once again, there was nothing on the screen that I saw about donating to anything. While I don't object o UNICEF, I DO object to donating to MechPlay so they can get the credit for what I think is a fraudulent scheme. She finally agreed to refund the dollar.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/16/2013 07:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MechPlay/internet/MechPlay-Free-Scam-Really-a-Trial-Periodnbsp-Internet-1067365. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MechPlay