Complaint Review: Med Center Therapy

• Updated: Tue, August 19, 2014

• Reported By: Amy — Houston Texas
Med Center Therapy
2229 Dorrington St Houston, Texas USA

Med Center Therapy, Innovations in Physical Therapy, Innovations in Phys Ther Inc Led me to believe they were in my health insurance network Houston Texas

I was referred to Med Center Therapy by my primary care physician for chronic back pain in February 2014. Med Center Therapy called me and confirmed that they were in-network for my insurance and that based on my policy, my visits would be covered 80% and I would only be responsible for paying 20% of the cost. After continued visits of paying my quoted 20% each time, in late April 2014, I was contacted by my insurance saying that Med Center Therapy was, in fact, OUT-of-network, and that I was responsible for paying 100% of the costs for all of my visits.

When I contacted Med Center Therapy, the worker who had confirmed my in-network coverage over the phone in February was conveniently no longer working there, and any notes that were made about that phone call confirmation were gone, placing the impossible burden of proof on me. Rocio, the new person in charge of billing at Med Center, seemed to imply that I was making it up, but in that case, why was I only being held responsible for 20% every visit, until some sudden change in April?

Because of a HUGE mistake on the part of their staff, Med Center Therapy is now holding me responsible for thousands of dollars in medical bills that I, as a college student, cannot afford. Obviously, had I been made aware that they were OUT-of-network, I never would have gone. The doctor's office even confirmed with me that each time I checked out for a visit, they would have to verify my coverage, meaning that either I WAS in-network the entire time (which would explain my paying only 20% each time), or that each time I visited, they were aware that I was out-of-network and were NOT letting me know! On top of that, they continue to refuse responsibility and attempt to cover up their mistakes. This only proves that Med Center Therapy is a shady business that will not support its customers. Do not patronize Med Center Therapy, they WILL screw you over! There are other instances of customer and employee complaints, just Google it!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/19/2014 03:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Med-Center-Therapy/Houston-Texas-77030/Med-Center-Therapy-Innovations-in-Physical-Therapy-Innovations-in-Phys-Ther-Inc-Led-me-1170876. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Med Center Therapy