Complaint Review: Medco

• Updated: Mon, November 29, 2010

• Reported By: Robert — Harrisburg Pennsylvania USA
Medco
P.O. Box 98830 Las Vegas, Nevada United States of America

Medco Medco Health Solutions Medco is placing individuals lives in jeopardy Las Vegas, Nevada

Medco mail order pharmacy is impossible to deal with. They insist on replacing brand name drugs with generic versions in spite of my requests not to substitute the brand name drugs. Two of my prescriptions (Inspra & Coreg) are ineffective in their generic form. I have a serious heart condition that demands the use of the brand name for these two drugs, which I have repeatedly asked Medco not to substitute. Their ridiculous response was that I have to inform them EACH time the refills are ordered. Why is it so difficult for this company to put the "do not substitute" note in my electronic file permanently? I order all of my refills via their website. There is no provision on their ordering format to write "special instructions", making it impossible to attach a "brand name only" notation. Also, one of my other meds, is prescribed to take 1and 1/2 tablet daily. I was getting this RX filled for YEARS ordering 135 tablets for a 90 day supply. All of a sudden, out of the blue, some mathmatically-challenged clerk at Medco actually phoned my doctors office and spoke to someone who didn't consult my file, and agreed to mistakenly change the quantity to 90 tablets. The end result was Medco required me to have the RX re-written in order to correct THEIR mistake. I also had to consult with my doctor to explain the fiasco to him.Medco's latest snafu is shipping prescriptions to the wrong address. This has happened to me twice in the past 2 months, causing all kinds of unnecessary problems. These people are responsible for the public's health and well being. They should clean up their act and start acting responsibly.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/29/2010 07:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Medco/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89195-0249/Medco-Medco-Health-Solutions-Medco-is-placing-individuals-lives-in-jeopardy-Las-Vegas-Nev-666267. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Medco