Complaint Review: Media Corp

• Submitted: Tue, June 26, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, June 26, 2012

• Reported By: Scammed by MediaCorp As Seen On TV — Denver Colorado U.S.A.
Media Corp
8712 W 151 St, Overland Park, KS 66221 Internet United States of America

Media Corp As Seen On TV Media Corp Scams Infomercial Client $8500 Internet

I was contacted by Media Corp about showcasing a product we manufacture and we eventually signed a contract for their As Seen On TV Test Infomercial program in October of 2010.

They collected a fee of $8500.00 from me in 2 installments: the first after they had to filmed a 40 second minute test infomercial, and the second after it had been scheduled to air 60 times over Comcast. Soon after getting my 2nd payment, MediaCorp breached the terms of the contract, & abandoned our deal without completing it. They were unresponsive once they cashed my check.

After they received my complaint from the local BBB, they offered to re-do the infomercial to my liking and re-air it but it was the same story all over again. Alleged air times could not be verified. They alternated between telling me that there were no responses to the infomercial/ergo no products were sold, and saying that they had shipped out the few orders they did receive using the props I had supplied for the infomercial taping, which was in direct breach of our contract. Above all, there is no verifiable documentation: not of calls, not of air times. They cannot prove the infomercials ever aired. In fact, they confessed that the first series of infomercials never aired at all, and that they were unaware of this until I insisted on confirmation from the cable company, which is why they offered to re-run them.

I believe that Media Corp is selling these spots to unsuspecting potential clients who would like to see their products advertised on TV. They construct a short infomercial but never actually air it on television, telling their clients that there were no responses at all to the tv spots.

There are now many complaints about this company, and I have been contacted by 5-10 others whose products were already being successfully sold elsewhere, and were also taken for $8500.00 under the exact same circumstances. This company is one big scam and needs to be investigated for fraud. I want a full refund and whatever legal fees are incurred as a result of litigation.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/26/2012 12:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Media-Corp/internet/Media-Corp-As-Seen-On-TV-Media-Corp-Scams-Infomercial-Client-8500-Internet-903151. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Media Corp