Complaint Review: Media Insiders Panel

• Submitted: Fri, January 25, 2013
  • Updated: Fri, January 25, 2013

• Reported By: Jessica M — Meadville Pennsylvania United States of America
Media Insiders Panel

Media Insiders Panel The Media Insiders Panel app doesn't deliver promised rewards. Internet

*Consumer Comment: i'm glad to hear your problem was fixed

*Author of original report: Really? Well, good for you!

*Consumer Comment: Media insiders is not a scam

I received an email invitation to download the Media Insiders Panel iPhone app on December 27th, 2012. I downloaded the app to my phone the same day after I saw that I could get a $5 Tango card for using the app for at least 20 days a month. It was to run in the background while I used my phone and went about my business. Since the app was supposed to have no impact on my phone's battery life and I'd get something for using it, why not?

I kept the app going whenever my phone was on (read: almost all of the time), even after I got another email from Media Insiders Panel on January 22. The email announced that they would no longer support the iPhone app and were moving on to Android, iPod, and iPad devices. This didn't really seem to be too much of an issue because I'd had the app going for over 20 days in January. Still, something in my gut told me to email "support" and confirm that I'd still get January's Tango card. So I emailed on January 23rd asking if it would impact my reward to uninstall the app before February.

On January 25th, I received a response from John in "support" stating that I wasn't getting my Tango card because they only received eight days worth of data from my phone. This seemed a bit impossible because my phone is only briefly off to charge after the battery dies, and I use data and wifi to access my apps. When I wrote that to John, he again said there were only eight days of data and that I hadn't responded to the emails they send after five days of inactivity.

Well, how can I respond to an email I never got? I checked my email (including the spam and trash folders) and never saw any reason to think my data didn't get sent. Since my phone was online and powered, I'm sure there was plenty of information sent. Especially since I never got the "we haven't heard from you emails"--and I check my email multiple times a day.

This seems like a lot of trouble to back out of paying for what they got. Don't let them spy on you for free. Don't download the Media Insiders Panel app to your device.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/25/2013 06:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Media-Insiders-Panel/internet/Media-Insiders-Panel-The-Media-Insiders-Panel-app-doesnt-deliver-promised-rewards-Inte-1003527. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Media Insiders Panel

i'm glad to hear your problem was fixed

AUTHOR: sam - ()

Not at all :) mistakes happen. i was only saying that somewhere along the line there was a mistake. I know that they are a good company that does what they say. However, it doesn't necessarily mean someone won't have a negative experience in some way. Nobody is perfect so we can expect these things to happen at anytime. I'm glad your problem was fixed. I think the app is worth keeping for the rewards. i've never had too much trouble and i never notice the app is even there. Hope you decide to keep using it. if not, there are other apps out there as well.

Really? Well, good for you!

AUTHOR: Jessica M - ()

Hey, nice to hear from you over a year after my original post! I forgot all about this, so thanks for the reminder.

Actually, i did get an email from support on the following Monday which said there was actually a mistake--and it was on their end. I did get my reward a couple of months later. I asked about it a month after support said it should have arrived and then again six and seven weeks after it should have arrived. You know what they say about the third time being the charm...

BTW, does my negative experience really take anything away from your positive one? If you're assuming my experience with Media Insiders is invalid simply because you had a good one, you need to go have a couple of seats.

Media insiders is not a scam

AUTHOR: sam - ()

I'm a user of the media insiders app and i would like to say that they are not a scam. since i have signed up i have received a lot of rewards from them. If they told you that they haven't received information then something must be wrong with your phone perhaps. don't know why you wouldn't have gotten their emails but there seems to be a mistake somewhere in your story. You need to make sure that everytime your phone is turned off that you go to the media insiders app and turn on the vpn connection and make certain it's receiving information. This company does what they say they will do. if you didn't get your rewards there was a mistake somewhere. this is obvious even to me.