Complaint Review: Media Outsourcing - Consolidated Media Services

• Submitted: Mon, August 15, 2005
  • Updated: Mon, August 15, 2005

• Reported By:Portland Oregon
Media Outsourcing - Consolidated Media Services
2550 Heritage Court Atlanta, Georgia U.S.A.

Media Outsourcing - Consolidated Media has gone BANKRUPT and was sued by the FTC... Atlanta Georgia

I got the usual telemarketing call from CMS back in 2001 or so. I went for it, asking many questions so I knew what I was getting into. I then tried to cancel shortly thereafter, and of course they wouldn't let me. I was very angry and tried several times to get all or part of my money back. I probably spent about $300, as I was told this was a discounted rate for paying the total bill upfront. It wasn't worth the magazines I got, although I know now I was much more lucky than several others have been.

I wanted to let people know that I found out today from the owner of another magazine subscription service that CMS went bankrupt about 3 years ago. They were sued and allegedly owe over $100,000. Yet, according to this person, there are collection agencies still trying to collect money from people on behalf of CMS!!

I also learned that MANY people have filed BBB complaints against CMS and the FTC sued them. Info. on these can be found

I hope that people who have been ripped off by this company didn't suffer too much, and that this information may be helpful to you.

Good luck.

Deborah
Portland, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/15/2005 05:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Media-Outsourcing-Consolidated-Media-Services/Atlanta-Georgia-30339/Media-Outsourcing-Consolidated-Media-has-gone-BANKRUPT-and-was-sued-by-the-FTC-Atlant-153748. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Media Outsourcing - Consolidated Media Services

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC