Complaint Review: MediaCrib

• Submitted: Tue, May 13, 2014
  • Updated: Tue, May 13, 2014

• Reported By: Greg — Bedford Texas
Nationwide USA

MediaCrib This scam company to gain access to games, movies etc., somehow started billing my disabled wife on her debit card at $34.95 per month starting in October 213 until now when I checked her account. The explanation I got was that after a sample period of 5 days they start full billing at $34.95. All the information they wold provide is our street address, email address, all of which are avaiable in Google any many othr sites. All you need then is the debit card number andny waiter or waitress or bank person has that. Obviously we cancelled it. Problem is it was used only three times at startup and the company didn't think any thing was wrong and it was a good customer? When you call them there is so much noise you ca't hear them andof the 3 persons I spoke with only one could speak distinct English that you could understand. Not Known Nationwide

On 05/12/14 while reviewing my wife's bank statement it was noticed that our checking account was being charges $34.95 per month from MediaCrib.com. Calling the number on our bank statement we discovered it was an internet entertainment website known as MediaCrib.net had made six fraudulent withdrawals from my bank account using my debit visa number. The first for a dollar. The second and subsequent for 34.95 each.

When I contacted MediaCrib a second time, they refused to answer questions about how they obtained my account information insisting we signed up for a free trial and didn't cancel within five days. They did have our IP Address which they didn't provide, our street address available in Google and many other locations, and our debit card number. They were very quick to offer the last month as a  refund and get me off the phone, all while being very noisy and could hardly speak english.

If you use your ATM debit card online or anywhere I would suggest you examine your statements very carefully for the illegal activities of MediaCrib. I just learned today that I'm not the only person to be hit by them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/13/2014 11:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MediaCrib/nationwide/MediaCrib-This-scam-company-to-gain-access-to-games-movies-etc-somehow-started-billing-1146286. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MediaCrib