Complaint Review: Mediacom Cable

• Updated: Thu, June 14, 2012

• Reported By: Robert Cox — Excelsior springs Missouri United States of America
Mediacom Cable
115 N. Industrial Park Rd Excelsior Springs, Missouri United States of America

Mediacom Cable horrible customer service, fraudulent install information Excelsior Springs, Missouri

*UPDATE Employee: Mediacom Support

*Author of original report: Service follow up: more of the same

Switched to mediacom from ATT because ATT is overcharging and I constantly lose signal with them. So mediacom comes out and installs the internet and it works for a whole hour after they leave then drops out. AAAAAAAHHHHHHH. When I call they tell me someone will have to come out tomorrow. I ask to speak to a supervisor and I'm told I don't qualify to speak to a supervisor. Absolutely the whole attitude is tough crap we don't care about the customer.  Actually never been told I had to "qualify" to speak with a supervisor before.  So it is going to cost me 2 days off work now (which I don't get paid for) so they can MAYBE get it right.  If they don't they can pull the service entirely and just refund my money.  I seem to be hearing this same complaint over and over.  Anyone interested in looking into a class action consumer suit with me?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/12/2012 07:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mediacom-Cable/Excelsior-Springs-Missouri-64024/Mediacom-Cable-horrible-customer-service-fraudulent-install-information-Excelsior-Spring-896693. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mediacom Cable

Mediacom Support

AUTHOR: Mediacom Support - (USA)

Hi Robert

I understand the local escalation team has been in touch with you about these issues. We are working to get this resolved for you. If you need anything else, feel free to contact us on the Mediacom support forum or reach us at socialmediateam@mediacomcc.com.

Thanks,
Chris
Mediacom Social Media Team

Service follow up: more of the same

AUTHOR: Robert Cox - (United States of America)

So the tech guy calls this morning and says basically, "sorry we don't guarantee 20Mbs just "up to" 20".

Essentially Mediacom will charge me for the potential of 20 M but if I get 2 that's just tough s**t because it says right there in the ad "up to 20".  Then he tells me I am welcome to speak with a supervisor at the office.

I go to the office (because they have no local phone which insures further insulation from pissed consumers) and they have no management other than the lead tech who says because I was pulling 20 Mbps  this morning and yesterday they have, indeed, fullfilled their obligation and does not want to listen to any complaints about how the vast majority of their consumers only use their service after work between 5 and 12.  He again tells me they don't guarantee consistent speeds only speeds "up to"
20 Mbps.  I have never been lied to and weaseled by any company quite so blatantly as this one.  I am so angry I cannot begin to express it, but I can guarantee that I will not end here.

I don't care about mediacom internet because ATT will provide service as I  still have them hooked up for this
reason.  I will continue with mediacom for the remainder of the month I have paid for and keep records daily of speeds that I am attaining.  Then when the time comes  to disconnect and get my money back (as I'm fairly certain it will) I will begin looking in earnest for attorneys to file a class action suit against mediacom on behalf of all of the consumers that have had to deal with this fraudulent practice.  If you advertise a car and tell me I can get up to 200,000 miles and 60 mpg out of it, but I drive it off the lot and after 10,000 miles it falls apart you cannot legally claim you met your obligation of advertising because 2 weeks it got good mileage and you only said "up to" 200, 000 miles.  There is a reasonable expectation that must be met and Mediacom has not met that expectation which constitutes consumer fraud.

It has become apparent that they are heavily insulated against complaints (there is no "higher up" to talk to) for this very
reason.

I will, in the interest of fairness, give Mediacom 30 days at which time I will probably be asking for my money back and I can guarantee if this level of service continues I will find an attorney willing to take on the class action case (not a difficult thing in our litigious society).

sincerely,