Complaint Review: Mediacom Cable

• Submitted: Fri, June 13, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, June 13, 2008

• Reported By:Port St. Joe Florida
Mediacom Cable
www.mediacomcc.com Mexico Beach, Florida U.S.A.

Mediacom Cable Mediacom - Could it get ANY worse?! They never show up for repair appointments. Their customer service is THE worst in the industry. If I didn't need their local weather during hurricane season, I would toss their "digital" boxes out in the Gulf! Mexico Beach Florida

I have had Mediacom Cable for 3 years now The only reason that I am forced to use their horrible services because I need the local weather channel during hurricane season, and because the service (as horrible as it is) works during a hurricane until the power goes out.

They have missed a total of 5 scheduled repair appointments with me. When I call to find out why they missed the appointments, the customer service representative (and I use that term very loosely) tells me each and every time that my appointment is not scheduled for that particular day. This is after I have taken off of work because they told me the appointment was scheduled for that particular day!

Although they advertise "digital" cable, most of their channels are still analog, and the picture quality is terrible! I just bought a new HDTV, and the picture quality is worse than before.

If you have the option, go with DirectTV. They have great customer service, and they even schedule a specific time when they will come for an appointment.

Port St. Joe, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/13/2008 10:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mediacom-Cable/Mexico-Beach-Florida-32456/Mediacom-Cable-Mediacom-Could-it-get-ANY-worse-They-never-show-up-for-repair-appointme-339957. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mediacom Cable