Complaint Review: Mediacom Cable

• Updated: Wed, November 25, 2009

• Reported By: debtexpert — small town Iowa United States of America
Mediacom Cable

Mediacom Cable fraud Internet

I see i am not the only one to be ripped off by this company.  First my bill went up because I "mysteriously" got switched to high speed internet.  Then I noticed my bill went "mysteriously" down, and half my channels were gone.  When I called to find out what happened, they said my 'husband' called and switched the plan down to basic. I am not married.  I came to find out my ex boyfriend, as a joke, called (using his real name which clearly is not the same last name as mine) and said I wanted to go down to the smaller package.

I went in to complain and the lady just tiled her head, said she should have confermed the info since acct was under my name only, and did not apologize. I asked if it wad so easy to change others cable plan if I could change my next door neighbors plan, and she just blinked at me. Then she told me I had to pay the reconnect fee.

I called mediacom joke of main office, they told me to go to website and complain, i did and have proof of this, they e-mailed me back sd would look into and gt back to me-- they did not..I called back again and was told to file a complaint on the website again!!!!This is fraud as far as Im concerned.

SOO!  If you want to irritate someone.  Just call mediacom and change their, plan.  Mediacom will not bother to check who you are.  FRAUD!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/25/2009 09:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mediacom-Cable/internet/Mediacom-Cable-fraud-Internet-528485. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mediacom Cable