Complaint Review: Mediacom

• Submitted: Thu, July 02, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, July 06, 2010

• Reported By:Columbia Missouri
Mediacom
http://www.mediacomcc.com/home.html Columbia, Missouri U.S.A.

Mediacom Horrible service and prices too high for too little service. Columbia Missouri

*Consumer Comment: Same Problems as You !

*Consumer Comment: Indeed

If you're from central Missouri, you know exactly what Mediacom is. They are a horrible internet and cable provider. I have already filed a report with the BBB due to our lack of internet service, and yet Mediacom just seems to not care. If I'm not on the phone with them once every couple of weeks, it's a miracle. I currently live with a roommate who is taking online classes. The internet went out (like it typically does 3 or 4 times a night) but never came back on. We were told that we would have to wait a week for anyone to come out. Mind you, this was during midterms. This is insanity. For the prices I pay for the cracked out service, I should have someone waiting on stand-by at all times. I've already cancelled my cable with them because unlike most companies, when our promotion went out, they failed to tell us that we would now be paying $200 for cable and internet.

This is just your typical cable company that you always hear stories about. They typically attract college students because the have yet to hear about how they screw you over. Once you've dealt with them for a year, you wont go back. This is the eptiome of bad business. Also, here is some light reading about Mediacom:

If they can't pay their bills, why should I?

Caley
Columbia, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/02/2009 11:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mediacom/Columbia-Missouri-65202/Mediacom-Horrible-service-and-prices-too-high-for-too-little-service-Columbia-Missouri-467055. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mediacom

Same Problems as You !

AUTHOR: James - (U.S.A.)

Yes, I have them also and I have the same problems . I almost died after reading yours because I could almost have copied and Pasted this comment and used it for mine. Guess we just spread the word and keep others from making the same mistakes we did. Good luck

Indeed

AUTHOR: Diogenes - (U.S.A.)

That's Mediacom - the WORST cable provider in the USA. They hire techs off the street who know NOTHING and wonder why customers complain. Their HD offering is pathetic and their phone service is out more than it is on. ANY of the satellite srevices is better and cheaper. And ANY cable service is better, as well. I pity the fools who have Medicom as their provider.