Complaint Review: Mediacom

• Submitted: Fri, May 29, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, May 29, 2009

• Reported By:Des Moines Iowa
Mediacom
2205 Ingersoll Ave Des Moines, Iowa U.S.A.

Mediacom Cable TV And Internet Drastically raised rates without notification. Des Moines Iowa

*Consumer Comment: Confused

I signed up with Mediacom for internet and cable at the rate of about $40 a month each, which came to just under $80 a month. This was the case for 1 year as it was supposed to be; however, after the year was up, I got a bill in the mail for $138.45 for one month of cable and internet.

I do know that I should have kept this date in mind, but I firmly believe that Mediacom should send a curtousy notice to let their customers know that their rate is about to sky-rocket. When I spoke to multiple phone representatives for Mediacom about this very fact (in the process of cancelling all services), EVERY SINGLE representative told me that they had recieve many of the same complaints/suggestions and that they too agreed with me.

If I had been notified a month ago that my rate was about to nearly double, I would have taken actions to possibly downgrade my services, or more than likely, I would have bitten the bullet and dealt with the cost (as Mediacom has a bit of a monopoly on Des Moines, Iowa: There simply is no other cable provider in the area, only sattellite).

Mediacom must be refusing to slip these notices into it's customer's bills, because all of the many representatives I spoke to also voiced their frustration with Mediacom for not notifying its customers about upcoming changes to thair bills. Many of them stating that they recieve these very complaints daily and such notices would greatly lighten their call volumes.

The overwhelming response from a Mediacom representatives was that these notices would save them a lot of time and unneccessary phone calls. My response to their not notifying me is dissatisfation with Mediacom and disconnection of their services. Their charging ridiculous rates to provide cable and internet leaves me dedicated to never using Mediacom again and pushing for my friends to cancel their accounts as well.

Mediacom, I hate your sneaky billing tactics and I will work vigilantly to bring competing cable and internet providers to Des Moines.

Corpsmember
Des Moines, Iowa

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/29/2009 09:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mediacom/Des-Moines-Iowa-50312/Mediacom-Cable-TV-And-Internet-Drastically-raised-rates-without-notification-Des-Moines-I-456517. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mediacom

Confused

AUTHOR: Ashley - (U.S.A.)

Why is it their responsibility to remind you?

When you signed up for a year of cheap rates, that WAS your notification. You knew it, you just didnt track it or remind yourself. Why should the company need to?