Complaint Review: Mediacom

• Submitted: Tue, July 23, 2002
  • Updated: Tue, July 23, 2002

• Reported By:Des Moines Iowa
Mediacom
Mediacom.com Des Moines, Iowa U.S.A.
  • Phone: 515-246-1555
  • Web:
  • Category: Cable TV

Mediacom is a deceptive ripoff company. Des Moines, Iowa

Mediacom has a supposed special going on where they are putting all the premium channels on digital so that way you have to pay more. So to get you hooked on it they would send a sales rep to your house with a digital box and three months free of the premium channels. Well I thought it would be a good way to check out the other channels so he hooked it up Saturday,7/17/02.

Sunday I lost all the channels he had givin us and the others we were paying for. I called them up and the lady(Juanita) told me to turn the digital box to channel three and leave it there for 45 minutes and everthing should work. It didn't. I called back Monday and got ahold of another customer service rep that said the paper work probably just hasn't cleared yet and as soon as it does that everything should be right.

I am pretty upset by now because I don't even have the channels I am paying for just to try to sell me on there new digital package. Tuesday I called and I got ahold of a rude customer service rep named, Ron his response was that I was going to get the other channels because they don't give out packages like that. I told him the salesman whoes name is Jeff, had told my wife and I both that we would get all the channels and Ron flat denied that that was the deal. He essentually called me a lire and that pssd me off.

So I asked to speak to his lead and he laughed, again I demanded to speak to his lead and he finally transfered me. I spoke to his leadperson who essentually said the same thing but I eventually talked the lead into atleast giving me the channels that I was paying for, so he reluctantly gave me those channel. I can't beleive that I had to beg to get the channels that I am paying for.(God, I wish there was another cable company around) So any way the lead told me that he would have the supervisor of the salesman call me and iron this out. He told me that he would have the man call me Monday. Not to my surprise, no call I called them, they said that he would call me Monday 7/22/02 no call again as this is Tuesday.

John
Des Moines, Iowa

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/23/2002 06:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mediacom/Des-Moines-Iowa/Mediacom-is-a-deceptive-ripoff-company-Des-Moines-Iowa-1033288. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mediacom