Complaint Review: Mediacom

• Reported By:Davenport Iowa
Mediacom
Moline, Illinois U.S.A.

Mediacom Mediacom Cable TV Service Moline Illinois

This company continues to disappoint so many in this quad-cities area. For every complaint online, there are more that are not. Finally, I must report the insensitive, boorishness, rudeness and blatant disregard for my husband and me.

For the past six months at least, we have had poor reception, tiling (on an analog which is not supposed to happen) and no connection on the following channels: 54, which was offline for over 15 minutes (right in the middle of a movie, thank you). Channels also include 24,44,32 (this one is awful, right in the middle of Lou Dobbs making an important point), 34 is another nightmare.

Please notice that these are all part of basic cable service from Mediacom. In some level of defense of this company I have been treated quite politely by customer service centers in Des Moines, IA area and in Minnesota. But they have no answers. Only one service tech saw the tiling because he came at 6 PM. It was beyond his comprehension as to why an analog TV should be tiling off a digitial signal.

Well, why do not the service techs have training enought to answer questions or at least get a customer to the right person? It took the last time to get a tech named Mac to answer my questions with a level of intelligence like he knew of what he spoke. They are working on the problem and are aware.

Okay, I understand, but why should I have to pay for something the government started and are wasting my tax dollars bellowing n on-stop about the Februrary, 2009, change to all digital. So, my tax dollars make people aware and yet we have to pay for this horrible service. This is unacceptable and we have no option if we want some kind of cable service. We have no disposable income to buy new televisions with the appropriate internal workings, nor do we have money to buy any upgrades or satellite service. Mediacom so infuriated our new neighbor that he went to satellite.

This level of greed is pathetic. Management won't even return a call. The last tech with whom I spoke said he would have his supervisor, Terry, call me. This was last Wednesday, 12/10/08. To date, no call, no message to call back to him.

Susan
Davenport, Iowa

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/14/2008 04:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mediacom/Moline-Illinois-52806/Mediacom-Mediacom-Cable-TV-Service-Moline-Illinois-401283. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mediacom