Complaint Review: Mediacom

Nationwide USA
  • Phone: 1-855-633-4226
  • Web:
  • Category: Cable TV

Mediacom I terminated service in late October. They continued to bill me until February, 2014, for services which I no longer had. Mediacom Park, NY Nationwide

*UPDATE Employee ..inside information: Reply

I am on SSDI (Social Security Disability, so I have a low-income based household, and a fixed income. Medicom kept jacking up my bill to way more than was promised (first year was to be $99.97, second year, $119) After all the "surcharges and things it cam eto $135 first year and $150 for the second year. But what really got me was the third year. They stated it was going up to $200/month. I simply cannot afford this. I do not have the descrectionary income.

I called them telling them this and that I simply do not have the money to continue paying. I asked for my service to be terminated in October 2013. They did go ahead and disconnect me right away. However, they continued to bill me until Feb. 2014! Where do they get off doing this? It's outrageous!

Now they state I owe them anywhere from $342 to $462 depending on who you talk to. I disagree. I told them I CANNOT continue to pay. [continued below]....

..... Yet they kept charging me (for no service, mind you).

I therefore beleive, due to harassment and, lies, and sheer volume of my time spent on the phone repeating my story, they owe me something in the neighborhood of $350.

They sent me to collections. I stated what happened to the collection agent, and surprising eh was very helpful. He told me he was sorry for the way I was treated and he would remove all charges. He said that he brought me to a $0 balance. I was happy with that.

However, upon getting re-transferred back to Mediacom, they still showed that I owed money and nothing of the sort occured with the collections agent (it did). To sum up, I am disputing the $400 or so that Mediacom claims I owe and I am issueing a an invoice to medicom for my time in the amount of $350.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/06/2014 09:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mediacom/nationwide/Mediacom-I-terminated-service-in-late-October-They-continued-to-bill-me-until-February-1144606. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mediacom

#1 UPDATE Employee ..inside information

AUTHOR: Mediacom Support - ()

Hey chrisandclem, I'm very sorry to hear about the billing issues you're having. If you don't have service with us it doesn't make any sense to why you are being billed. We definitely want to get this resolved for you! Please send us an email at SocialMediaTeam@mediacomcc.com  with a link to this post and we will personally work with you towards a resolution. We look forward to hearing from you.

Mediacom Social Media Team