Complaint Review: Meet Japan Lady.com

• Submitted: Wed, October 17, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, February 20, 2013

• Reported By: Ron — Aurora Colorado United States of America
Meet Japan Lady.com

Meet Japan Lady.com MJL.com A dating service whose Japanese female members are either unavailable or "flake out on you" Internet

*Consumer Comment: meet japan lady

*Consumer Suggestion: Solution

The company promises contacts for American men looking for Japanese women as partners eventually leading to marriage.

The company claims to have many Japanese women as clients. The reality however is quite different. Most of the women are trial members who cannot be reached when you request contact with them. Most of the women have been on the site for the entire duration of my membership which was about nine months. I wanted to relate some of my experiences with the women that I was able to contact.

The first woman I met was here in United States and actually local to me. I had requested several times to meet in a particular area that was close to both of us, but the woman continued to steer me to something that was convenient to her gym which was miles away. She eventually complained that I had the opportunity to meet her but that it was my fault that I wasn't able to do so.

Next, I corresponded and had phone conversations with a woman who lived in Japan. She never seemed to be available, and canceled several of our planned phone conversations. Eventually I had to take a trip back east and she continued to try to set up another phone meeting with me. I told her that I would be able to speak with her in about a week. One week later she was engaged to be married.

Since I wanted to travel to Japan, I wanted to meet several ladies while I was there. I requested from the organizer of the website to meet several additional women who were either trial members or full members. None of the trial members were available to correspond with me and I did not hear back from the organizer about the other ladies before I eventually canceled my trip for lack of female contacts through the site.

Finally, and main reason I eventually canceled my membership asking for refund which I never received, the woman that I was most interested in and who I had corresponded with for close to two months, cancelled with me one week before my trip. I had spent close to $1000 on a nonrefundable ticket and had booked several hotels in anticipation of meeting this one particular woman. The night before I was going to have my last conversation with her, I received an email telling me that she no longer wanted to see me, without any explanation. My understanding was that this woman had done the same thing to another male subscriber right before I contacted her. This was less than a week before my scheduled trip. I had taken two weeks vacation time to make the trip. All for naught.

I therefore canceled my trip to Japan and wrote the organizer requesting a refund because of my experiences. The organizer refused to refund my money telling me that she worked too hard and that there was no guarantee of me meeting anyone so she would not under any circumstances refund my money.

These women members do not seem particularly sincere nor willing to do much to let you know that they are interested in you. None of the women went out of their way to do anything in terms of planning for my arrival in Japan. I would have to pay for all expenses (hotels, dinners, travel), if I wanted to meet them. This service feels more like a marriage agency (mail order bride) than it does a dating service.

Buyer beware.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/17/2012 11:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Meet-Japan-Ladycom/internet/Meet-Japan-Ladycom-MJLcom-A-dating-service-whose-Japanese-female-members-are-either-unav-956501. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Meet Japan Lady.com

meet japan lady

AUTHOR: Megladon365 - ()

Sorry you had trouble with the site. Do what I did. Simply use Google Earth and search the address in Japan. It goes inside "litearly" to someones apartment!Second, the so called office in Maryland is a United States Post Office! That's a bad sign. A P.O. Box? I had high hopes for the site but now? I'm having second thoughts. For the record, I'm on your side. Simply go to LA, San Fransico, Seattle,etc to meet a Japanese lady. Good luck in your search.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Solution

AUTHOR: C24 - (Japan)

Here's an easy way to solve this situation: don't rely on dumb websites to meet people.

I don't understand why you planned to travel to Japan to meet women, but you complain about having to travel a little further across town to go near the gym of one of the women. "She eventually complained that I had the opportunity to meet her but that it was my fault that I wasn't able to do so." What's with the "wasn't able to do so" garbage?

"Another woman that I had contact with, became more and more difficult to reach by phone claiming that she was not feeling well and so wasn't able to talk to me. Eventually each time I subsequently spoke with her she had less and less time to speak with me. By the time our last phone meeting took place I told her that I was traveling to Japan to meet her. I was never able to reach her by phone again before my trip."

First, sorry to say, but you probably bored her. If someone keeps putting off talking to you, it probably means they're not interested in you.

Second, someone tries to give you the message softly by avoiding your calls, but you then say you're going to travel thousands of miles to meet them, and you're surprised they cut contact?

"Since I wanted to travel to Japan, I wanted to meet several ladies while I was there."

No. Say it as it really is, you wanted to travel to Japan to meet women. You even say it later in the same paragraph: "I eventually canceled my trip for lack of female contacts through the site."

So, you DIDN'T want to travel to Japan. You wanted to traval to Japan to meet women, when you couldn't meet them through the site, you had a hissy fit.

This isn't a rip-off, it's just about you not being "interesting" enough to women, and not willing to litterally, go the extra mile.

you can't blame the service just because you're not appealing to the women you're interested in.

If you wanted to change job and went through an agent, and all the companies you wanted to work for weren't interested in you, you can't blame the agent.

I hope I didn't come across mean, because that wasn't my intention. But, you should stop trying to blame other people for you own shortcomings.