Complaint Review: Mega Life And Health Through NASE

• Submitted: Tue, September 30, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, June 30, 2009

• Reported By:Macon Georgia
Mega Life And Health Through NASE
9151 Boulevard 26 North Richland Hills, Texas U.S.A.

Mega Life And Health Through NASE Hidden deductibles North Richland Hills Texas

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: That's because...

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: NASE/MEGA is a SCAM

Knowing that I had to quit my full time job as a teacher to complete a practicum (unpaid) for two quarters as part of my Ph.D. program requirements, I was quite aware that I would loose my insurance through my employer. In anticipation of this, I began checking around for new insurance and found MEGA.

When the agents (one in training and the other who has been with the company for 5+ years) came to the house and spoke to my husband and myself, they took all our information and completed the paperwork. I specifically asked when they told me the monthly premium if dental and vision were included. I was told that it was. I was also told the premium could change once we were rated.

Well, it did. It increased 65% because my daughter has seasonal asthma and 50% because of my height/weight proportion. My husband told them he smoked and they even asked how many packs per day yet his portion was not increased. This increased my premium to $361 per month. Because I thought that it included everything I had with my former insurance through my employer, it was acceptable.

This policy became effective 8/24/08 because I thought my current insurance expired on 8/30/08 but two weeks ago, I received notice from my former employer that my policy expires on 9/30/08. I have already paid two monthly premiums to MEGA and have not used the insurance at all. I called today just to make sure everything was in place since I would actually need the coverage starting tomorrow only to find out that we have a $10,000 PER PERSON deductible and instead of it paying 90/10 like we were told, it only pays 80%.

Now, I'm stuck because I have no more money to get another policy and have a very limited income since I am doing an unpaid practicum. I feel betrayed and that we were taken advantage of. This has really put me into a financial bind right now and I'm looking at canceling the policy with no possible health coverage until I finish this practicum in March and am eligable for coverage through my internship site. I'm 46 and my husband will be 47 next month so this is not something that I need right now.

BEWARE of MEGA LIFE AND HEALTH!! I thought I was being proactive by checking them out on the internet before I actually agreed to meet with them in person. I am just outraged that NASE would endorse such a company!!!

Macon, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/30/2008 06:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mega-Life-And-Health-Through-NASE/North-Richland-Hills-Texas-76182/Mega-Life-And-Health-Through-NASE-Hidden-deductibles-North-Richland-Hills-Texas-377452. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mega Life And Health Through NASE

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

That's because...

AUTHOR: M. - (U.S.A.)

they are in bed with the insurance company. The NASE is a front that claims to endorse a leading health insurance company. Fact of the matter is, they are intertwined, affiliated, and sleep in the same bed.

All I can say is the NASE and any company they are involved with are nothing but a SCAM!

If that's the case - then the USA Today is a Disgruntled newspaper:

And the Boston Globe:

Here's another disgruntled article:

Here's more disgruntled clients and agents:

Oh - here's another:
'Mega Insurance Co.'s Broken Promises Leave New Parents Broke'

And another:
'Delaware Fines MEGA Life Insurance Co. $500,000 for Insurance Violations'

And Another....

Here's one more:

Happy reading!!!

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: Rob - (U.S.A.)

DO NOT purchase from this company! It is crap. It is NOT insurance. There's a reason why so many states are filing lawsuits against MEGA.