Complaint Review: Mega Tan

• Submitted: Fri, May 09, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, May 09, 2008

• Reported By:Hickory North Carolina
Mega Tan
2315 Catawba Valley Blvd Hickory, North Carolina U.S.A.

Mega Tan Their Mystic Tan booth left white streaks all over my body. Looked like ZEBRA. Hickory North Carolina

I went to Mega Tan and purchased one session of Mystic spray-on tan. I followed all instructions given to me regarding not showering for 4 hrs, using blending creme, etc. It takes time for the tan to be visible and I did not see any ill effects the day of. The next day, however, I awoke to find white streaks of untanned skin on my body. These streaks were on my arms & legs. They varied but were each roughly 6-12 inches in length and 3/4 inch wide. They were very noticeable and I was embarrassed to wear short sleeves or shorts. They were visible for 7 days which is the amount of time it takes for the tan to wear off. When I discovered the streaks, I called Mega Tan and told the person who answered the phone my situation. I offered to come into the salon to show someone the streaks. She said she would have to speak with the manager and wrote down my name & number to return the call afterwards. She never called back. I tried to email the company to complain but the email address provided on the website does not work (customerservice@megatan.net). Next, I submitted the complaint on the website's contact us screen. I did not get a response until 10 days later. A lady called me and said she could not issue refunds for Mystic tan b/c they do not guarantee results. She also said that it could have been something that I did to cause the problem such as rubbing the tan off on my car seat when I left or sweating, etc. She did not have any sympathy and made it seem like it was my fault! I did not see it posted anywhere in the salon that Mystic tan results are not guaranteed. She also said and I quote, "If we gave refunds for Mystic, most of our customers would be asking for one". What does this say about the business they are running if most of their customers are unsatisfied and asking for refunds?

Amanda
Hickory, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/09/2008 04:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mega-Tan/Hickory-North-Carolina-28602/Mega-Tan-Their-Mystic-Tan-booth-left-white-streaks-all-over-my-body-Looked-like-ZEBRA-Hi-331715. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mega Tan