Complaint Review: Megaball / megamillilons

• Updated: Sat, August 21, 2010

• Reported By: swim2barb — Mountain View California United States of America
Megaball / megamillilons
Las Vegas, Nevada United States of America

Megaball / megamillilons of Publishers Clearing House Reported I won 2.5 million dollars, to be delivered by agents, & accompanied to my bank. Las Vegas, Nevada

*Consumer Comment: Answers to your questions..

I wasn't sure at first, but the more I think about it now, it must have been a scam.

I received the initial phone calls for my name, bu thedifferent town, but they insisted the had the right person, who was the final winner for 2.5 million dollars, and this wasn't even the first place winner!

I asked how, who, and name- they were a Mr. Scott, and the second person to call me as a Mr. Davis. They were from Mega Ball/ mega millionaire, - later stating from Publishers Clearing House. If I hadn't entered, there were other ways to win, which could be a receipt from a credit card at Walmart, or ..and he listed other stores.

Who hasn't shopped at any of these stores.  I hadn't, except one. I hadn't entered any sweepstakes, but my significant other had, but it wasn't in his name.

Finally if I sent $250.00 by western union, I wouldn't be paying any taxes on my winnings, and the agents would show up at my door that day to escort me to my bank with my certified check, already in my name... I just kept fishing for what was going to tell me this was a scam, they almost got me, cause I figured who would go through all this for only $250?

I finally said it wasn't worth it, I they kept calling me for three days in a row. Then I checked this website, and I saw similiarities in one story- western union, send money, and agents will bring the check.

It almost got me, I told them if this was for real, let the next person enjoy the money, and I just couldn't take the chance. Was I right?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/21/2010 11:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Megaball-megamillilons/Las-Vegas-Nevada-/Megaball-megamillilons-of-Publishers-Clearing-House-Reported-I-won-25-million-dollars-633753. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Megaball / megamillilons

Answers to your questions..

AUTHOR: Ronny g - (USA)

..." I just kept fishing for what was going to tell me this was a scam, they almost got me, cause I figured who would go through all this for only $250?"

Someone who is scamming would certainly go through "all this" for $250.00. All they are doing is making a phone call with a 10 dollar disposable phone, or emailing...a few seconds to send an email or make a phone call to earn $250.00 is worth it to a scam artist, quite a substantial profit margin if you think about it.

If someone was actually in control of millions and millions of dollars you won in some kind of sweepstakes you never even recall entering...surely it would not be a major expense for them to cover a $250.00 charge for taxes or any expenditures. None of it adds up..for a reason. The reason is obvious SCAM.

"I told them if this was for real, let the next person enjoy the money, and I just couldn't take the chance. Was I right?"

"Another one just called Me!!!!! As I am writing- Mr. Clemens from Florida, Global Sweepstakes called as I am writing this....and I hung up- Please- how do we stop these guys??

"

There is no way to stop anyone from calling, emailing or snail mailing you "offers". And this world would not be a better place with those kind of restrictions. What will "deter" these guys, is to ignore the scams. Bottom line...ANYONE who requests or requires wiring funds via Western Union, is 100%, without a doubt...a scam.

Pass it on and you will be doing your part to "stop" these guys.