Complaint Review: Megapath - Earthlink.net

• Updated: Sat, September 21, 2013

• Reported By: kbryan — Houston Texas
Megapath - Earthlink.net
, Select State/Province USA

Megapath - Earthlink.net Earthlink Megapath DSL goes down & Earthlink (now based in India I guess) lies about status or repair, day after day India internet

*Consumer Comment: Una ble to access e-mail for over six days via EarthlinkI p

Contact Earthlink after my DSL with Earthlink goes down Friday morning.  They advise that issue will be fixed the same day and that they will call me back.  They never call back so I call them.  They advise me that the the issue is with my telephone line and that it will definately be fixed on Saturday, and that will call me back on Saturday.  They never call, so I call them.  They advise me that technicians do not work on the weekends.

Then they said that it is Megapath who doesn't work on the weekends.  And then they told me that it is an AT&T problem and they don't work on the weekends.  They could not explain why they told me it would be fixed on Saturday.  Now they are promising Monday.  The India support is a real mess.  I've been with Earthlink for years.  It's time to change especially since their DSL has been undependable and customer support if awful on many recent ocassions.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/21/2013 02:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Megapath-Earthlinknet/Select-StateProvince/Megapath-Earthlinknet-Earthlink-Megapath-DSL-goes-down-Earthlink-now-based-in-India-1086349. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Megapath - Earthlink.net

Una ble to access e-mail for over six days via EarthlinkI p

AUTHOR: Spencer L. Morrison - ()

I upgraded to Earthlink.net DSL about four months ago via Time Warner cable. Recently about six days now I have been unable to access my e-mail. I talked to customer service live with a csr rep. They claimed my account was inactive, even though I paid my bill to Time Warner on time, three weeks prior. The rep claimed the issue would be taken care of three days ago. Well I am going on seven days now unable to access my e-mail. I think the real problem is their server has gone down, and they either don't know how to fix it, or need additional training to learn how to fix problems on their end. Instead of being honest they lie. Nothing against the people of India, but Time Warner needs to partner up with a reliable ISP here in the United Staes of America. It's hard to understand what the people in customer service are saying (indian accent, and they seem very dishonest. I am seriously thinking about changing from Earthlink to another ISP if my e-mail is no longer accessible.