- Report: #845957
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Megapath
Megapath6800 Koll Center Pkwy, Ste 200 Pleasanton, California United States of America
Megapath Misleading, unexplained billing, terrible customer service Pleasanton, California
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
(1) It began with the initial sale. I explained to the sales person that I would be moving offices shortly and so that if I signed up, I would need to transfer the service to a different office. The sales person explained to me that there would be no charges for moving. Take a wild guess what happened next? I receive a bill for more than $4,000.00 for termination, and another bill for several thousand dollars for opening service at a new location.
(2) After moving to the new location service is not working. Megapath has the nerve to double charge me for service at the new and old locations even though service is not working at the new location.
(3) This is a lesser complaint but when Megapath quotes you for service prices, they do not add the regulatory recovery charge. I wouldn't mention this if everything else were done on the up and up but this company irritates me to no end.
(4) Just now, I opened my bill, and I see an extra charge for $225 for technician dispatch. Megapath's service goes down and they charge me to fix it.
I have called them several times on each of these issues but to no avail. They tell you that they are going to fix it and nothing happens. I even wrote a nice email to a supervisor because I thought I received good customer service. Unfortunately, there was nothing done after our phone conversation.
I do not like to complain, but in this case I feel a responsibility to make other people aware of the treatment that I have received from this company so that you can be fully informed when making your decision to choose an internet provider.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/28/2012 12:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Megapath/Pleasanton-California-94566/Megapath-Misleading-unexplained-billing-terrible-customer-service-Pleasanton-Californi-845957. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.